Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ultra efficient

After watching your video, I'm assuming that after lining up the plates & gaskets the 4 bolts are removed & where they were is the e/lyte and gas connectors?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Very good design Richard. I did not watch the whole video yet, but i see where you where going with it. I had a similar design a few years back.

There is a "Star cell" that also had a simple no hole design also. I'll see if i can find a link.

The gasket material and tapering edges is the key for long sealing cells of this type. Good job.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Wouldn't there still be current leakage between the plates where the e/lyte passes? I don't see how there couldn't be, but as Roland stated, very nice build!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    After watching your video, I'm assuming that after lining up the plates & gaskets the 4 bolts are removed & where they were is the e/lyte and gas connectors?
    correct!. i just put them there to aline everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Very good design Richard. I did not watch the whole video yet, but i see where you where going with it. I had a similar design a few years back.

There is a "Star cell" that also had a simple no hole design also. I'll see if i can find a link.

The gasket material and tapering edges is the key for long sealing cells of this type. Good job.
    i just wanted the cell to circulate freely and the electrolyte not subject to a current leak field when entering and exiting the cells. by guiding the electrolyte outside of the reaction field(in between 2 stainless steel plates) for entering and exiting the cell.

im currently working on another highly efficient cell. will share when finish if its better than this one.

Lee I must agree with you about being a good build and the fact there will still be leakage. By the looks of the ports there seems to be some kind of insulation on them. If this is the case then the insulation will help limit leakage but not stop it 100%. Electrolyte is shared with all the cells. Holes are just in a different position but they are still holes. Great design to help limit current leakage though.

A real no hole design is a non circulating reactor and has no current leakage. Ultra's design might not be quite as good or be the same, as a design where each cell has its own input and exit port which is in a spacer between the plates and uses the same (shared) reservoir through a manifold.

It would be interesting to see how much difference if there really is one.

The design where each cell has its own reservoir is the only one that has the least leakage, some claim none, but I am not totally sold on the "none". Good job Ultra and will be looking for your new one.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

This is a NICE Looking build...
    I'm just curious as to the MPG Increase expectations?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Lee I must agree with you about being a good build and the fact there will still be leakage. By the looks of the ports there seems to be some kind of insulation on them. If this is the case then the insulation will help limit leakage but not stop it 100%. Electrolyte is shared with all the cells. Holes are just in a different position but they are still holes. Great design to help limit current leakage though.

A real no hole design is a non circulating reactor and has no current leakage. Ultra's design might not be quite as good or be the same, as a design where each cell has its own input and exit port which is in a spacer between the plates and uses the same (shared) reservoir through a manifold.

It would be interesting to see how much difference if there really is one.

The design where each cell has its own reservoir is the only one that has the least leakage, some claim none, but I am not totally sold on the "none". Good job Ultra and will be looking for your new one.
    yes you will have a little resistance because the cells are linked via one storage tank ect but yes this design cut the current leakage drastically.

for my next design none of the cells will link by electrolyte

Quote Originally Posted by rcflyn View Post
    This is a NICE Looking build...
    I'm just curious as to the MPG Increase expectations?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    MPG is all about tuning. some tune might be weaker than some. tuning varies ALOT. tuning with HHO is the hardest thing on earth to tune!. too much things to take into consideration when tuning a car to run on HHO. there is no fixed number. you have to take in account off the amount of power you are going to use, how much your car use at full load, how much power your alternator can handle comfortably without burning out. then base on your driving habits(how much torque you use) tune to replace some of your gasoline usage with HHO. its a dance between torque and fuel. drop the fuel too much and you wont have the torque you need. also you have to keep in mind how far you open your throttle @ what RPM and how much air the engine uses at those TP(throttle position) and RPM vs the amount of fuel and air flow you need to have the required torque you desire.

Tuning is as personal as your fingerprint. there is no set number because of the millions of variations. engine displacement, alternator, torque demand, hho system efficiency, driving habits, etc......

here is how i drive and tune. i don't open the TP pass 20%, i don't go over 3000RPM. i find that not opening the TP over 20% i wont drown the HHO&gasoline with too much air. that way i still have strong torque and i have enough acceleration and speed without going over 3000RPM.

i just did this video today. the cell was putting out about 3.6LPM @ 29amps. configuration is -nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+ with no amp rise
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ypEv1n9Qsg

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    MPG is all about tuning. some tune might be weaker than some. tuning varies ALOT. tuning with HHO is the hardest thing on earth to tune!. too much things to take into consideration when tuning a car to run on HHO. there is no fixed number. you have to take in account off the amount of power you are going to use, how much your car use at full load, how much power your alternator can handle comfortably without burning out. then base on your driving habits(how much torque you use) tune to replace some of your gasoline usage with HHO. its a dance between torque and fuel. drop the fuel too much and you wont have the torque you need. also you have to keep in mind how far you open your throttle @ what RPM and how much air the engine uses at those TP(throttle position) and RPM vs the amount of fuel and air flow you need to have the required torque you desire.

Tuning is as personal as your fingerprint. there is no set number because of the millions of variations. engine displacement, alternator, torque demand, hho system efficiency, driving habits, etc......

here is how i drive and tune. i don't open the TP pass 20%, i don't go over 3000RPM. i find that not opening the TP over 20% i wont drown the HHO&gasoline with too much air. that way i still have strong torque and i have enough acceleration and speed without going over 3000RPM.

i just did this video today. the cell was putting out about 3.6LPM @ 29amps. configuration is -nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+ with no amp rise
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ypEv1n9Qsg

That didn't answer my Question though.... I understand all of what you said.. I am just curious as to what you EXPECT your MPG Increase to be with this design???????
    96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK