Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2 small units vs 1 large for Diesel.

Unhappy I'm new ... so please forgive me!!!

I'm not sure if I should start a new post or not.
    I read this thread and my head is spinning. I myself have a '96 F-250, 7.3 powerstroke with 260,000 miles on it. It is a work truck, and I tow sometimes a 6x12 loaded with tools or a 30' travel trailer with it. Just driving around I get 15-16 mpg towing the trailers 9-10 mpg.I saw a site "mileage.com"They say that no PWM is needed with there system.Is this a load of cr@p or what? Can one or more of you gentlemen enlighten me on this subject? I'm so lost and my head is so far up my butt I can't see the light of day!!!

Hey Bill,
    Welcome to the forum. I was going to take a look at the unit you noted and I tried to go to the site as you listed it but I got one of those generic multi-listing things that doesn't seem to have anything to do with what you are looking for.. If designed properly for the task, it is entirely possible to have an HHO reactor that doesn't need a PWM.

-Oh, and yes- Please start a thread for yourself... We can't be mixing the 7.3's and 6.2's- it just wouldn't be proper now would it??LOL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Bio....

Sorry I took so long to get back but last night ( I live in Sherman Tx ) we had tornado warnings and we had to jam over to wally world. Luckily we only had some busted tree branches to show for it. Then today is Easter Sunday so.....
    Anyway my bad on the website info, it's "mileageshop.com" not mileage.com. Some peoples kids, huh. Anyway I will start a new thread and I hope you will be able to enlighten me on this!

Unhappy ?????

Heeelp I can't find the new thread button? I told you I was new

I have not abandoned this thread or the idea of building bio farmers cell. I have been traveling alot and am still awaiting my plates to be laser cut. Since then I have machined and drilled and tapped all 8 bulkheads using .75 UHMW. My resovoir will be made out of a 2 Gal water container with a nice 4" screw on jar lid. I also am about 90% finished wiht my bubbler using 3" Poly Carbonate tube. All of my gaskets are cut out of Rubber Roofing material. Progress has been slow and steady. I also have been working on a custom PWM Module. I am looking at building a PWM capable of delivering 100+ amps from scratch. I have built a timing circutit using a 555 timer with a pot as a voltage divider. The circuit should ocsilate arund 144KHz. I am now in the process of building a parrallell mosfet bridge for the power delivery. I should have a nice picture by picture totorial after I am finished.
    VIN 1GTHK33F0RJ737771
    1994 K3500 crew cab 4x4 non- dually
    Walt's Air Filter Upgrade
    4" Turbo Back Exaust
    No Muffler no Cat
    Homemade Boost Controller
    Boost Gauge, EGT Gauge, Trans Temp
    B&M Transmission Aluminum Pan
    Remote PMD with #9
    Marine Injectors
    Aftermarket cylinder heads
    Walt's cooling upgrade w/Duramax fan and clutch.
    199,000 miles
    BF Goodrich A/T's. 265/75-R16

Reading, Pennsylvania

Hey Baz,
    The 100A PWM kinda made my ears perk up a little... If you wouldn't mind after you smoke test it, putting the schematic w/ components chosen & values up here so others can build it also? I don't recall anyone here homebrewing one with that capacity before. I'm looking forward to some photos & performance results on that bad boy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well I keep working on it. And you are right. All good things run on smoke. And when you let all the smoke out they no longer run. I am working on gathering components and begin testing but I have been on the road going on 4 weeks now so it is difficult to get anything acomplished in airports and hotel rooms. Anyway I make a little head way each weekend. There are always stepping stones. And then there are always dreams.
    VIN 1GTHK33F0RJ737771
    1994 K3500 crew cab 4x4 non- dually
    Walt's Air Filter Upgrade
    4" Turbo Back Exaust
    No Muffler no Cat
    Homemade Boost Controller
    Boost Gauge, EGT Gauge, Trans Temp
    B&M Transmission Aluminum Pan
    Remote PMD with #9
    Marine Injectors
    Aftermarket cylinder heads
    Walt's cooling upgrade w/Duramax fan and clutch.
    199,000 miles
    BF Goodrich A/T's. 265/75-R16

Reading, Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Bazarommcmullen View Post
    There are always stepping stones. And then there are always dreams.
    Indeed, and without either we would most certainly be lost. As my buddy Glenn says, "Jes keep peckin away at it."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to bring this thread back to life as it is almost exactly what I want to do.

I have a fully mechanical naturally aspirated 6.2L diesel in a 1992 Suburban.

Gus, would you offer me the same thing that you offered Oshawapilot at the beginning of this thread in designing me a system for my Suburban.

I need to make a mininum of 6 lpm with a unipolar cell. I am not going to be limited to 60 amps as Mark was, I will upgrade the alternator to whatever is needed.

I know that a unipolar cell is going to be more involved to build but I'm up to the task.

I have not firmly grasped how to figure the amps for a unipolar design. I also am not sure if I need a positive and a negitive bubbler.

Gus, as far as the bubblers go, one of your post seemed to negate the need for the two bubblers. Can you explain?

I have stated in another thread that I intend to build a quality cell, I just don't have the finances to experiment.

I would like to put this under the hood or behind the bumper. As I am working on a custom bumper design I might could incorporate something there.

Thanks for all the help.