Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: I'm new here, please be easy on me. :)

Here's a video
    http://www.gogoosby.com/images/IMAG0001.AVI

Ok I added the weld-on 16, I drilled out the holes, keeping the bottom ones smaller.... I rebuild the units to -nnnnnn+ -nnnnnn+ I was waiting on 12 more plates which I got 15mins ago via the mail..... I will be preparing those plates to expand my units....

I have fun yesterday..... My main compressor went out so I used a pancake compressor, took me 3 hours to prep the plates....

I'm at 8 plate config and I had to add quite abit of KOH to get 8amps draw..... I measured HHO output and I'm just below 1ltr/min....... I reset my chip. I'll run this for a day because I have to get ready for work but I wanted to let you know where I'm at.

Here's another video
    http://www.gogoosby.com/images/IMAG0004.AVI
    Kelly Donner

I believe I have had my first HHO Experience.

I have been plugging away for awhile now... I have had a few set backs but I believe I'm seeing the light.....

I order extra plates and while I was waiting for them I was experimenting.

I went to a 6 neutral span -nnnnnn+ I added more KOH but I couldn't get my amps up so I added KOH direct to my reservoir (stupid move) after going on a 50mile trip I torn apart the units and I had crystals at the bottom.

I got my plates and went with -nnnnn+nnnnn- on both units.... after about a 60 miles I lost amps.... I blew a gasket and lost my water.... I torn apart again...... I noticed the weld-on 16 was coming off..... My big compressor die in the process and I have to finish with my pancake compressor over 3 hour later and now I see I did not do a good job.....

I cleaned up everything and reassembled...... reset the chip and went on a 100 mile trip.... 40.18 MPG... 11+ miles better than my lowest recorded numbers.

Here is my exel spread http://www.gogoosby.com/Saturn.rar

I got 2 questions:

Looking for a professional flow meter at a good price... Anybody knows where I can get one?

2nd. a PWM, will it help me increase my MPG?

I will be doing a long term test at this config to see if I gain better results.... Again any input is always welcomed.
    Kelly Donner

Kelly,
    Good to see you getting good results!
    The Weldon-16 will come off if the plates aren't media-blasted and it also needs to dry at least 24 hours before you touch it. The crystals you found are most likely the Weldon (been there/done that).
    A CCPWM will do nothing as far as MPG goes, but it will keep the amperage exactly where you set it. The amp draw won't rise as everything warms up.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

I'm got 1 good reading and I hope for many more..... Yes take it slow... I want to collect some long term data at this config.

I'm looking for my next steps to optimize, falling where I did with 40mpg lands me on a scale, I need to know where that put me on that scale and if I can move up to a better rating.

I have a 2005 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Quad Daytona waiting for my next project.... I was getting 12.5 and I changed to synthetic oil now I'm at 13.5..... If I could get 20 or better w/HHO.......

I will be looking for some stainless, any good suppliers that will cut a project is even better... I found a price in my area $385 for a sheet 48x96 inches uncut. I also found a cutter but I don't know their prices yet.

There is an ebay listing for 6"plates for $10 apiece or 8" plates for $13, he also sell all hardware as in endcaps and gaskets.

Thank you

Happy Easter
    Kelly Donner

Unhappy

Feeling frustrated....

I got 1 good run at 40+MPG now my next test was at 33.82mpg @ a 240mile test now I ran 58.4 mile test at 26.57MPG... This is my worst run with or without HHO....
    I checked everything and only thing I added was water to the reservoir. Now my overflow lines were full so did I get water in engine??? This is about the only variable that was different..... I cleaned my lines.

I believe I need a bubblier after my reservoir.... That's today project.....

Got a question....

My car, 98 Saturn, with a 154351 miles on it... It gets 28-30 normal MPG. I know I burns oil and I have to assume that this will effect my over all outcome but does this have a major effect on my readings? One of these guys that sell Dry Cells states in they website that HHO will not work on a car like that. What does the Mentors say?

I will work on a bubblier today and go on another test too....

Thank you
    Kelly Donner

Ok, 52.1 mile run, 37.54MPG...... Not bad, not bad at all... I believe I would got better if it was more Hwy than City driving...

My Stats

Going over my numbers from the day I started, I can say if they keep going in the trend/pattern that is recorded then HHO is valid additive for your vehicle.

A lot of my friends are following me on what I'm doing and I love to stand tall and knock all the nay Sayers.

Went to Home Depot.... No clean tubing for a bubbler, I did find a Plastic Shop but it is closed, have to wait till Monday.
    Kelly Donner

Hello anybody out there??? am I talking to myself?

Ok, where was I?

Saturday, I couldn't find makings for a bubblier but I was going on a test run, but before I left I went in to Belle Tire and had my tires rotated and tire presser checked. I figure I would be ready for my next test. The person at the tire store pulled my car in to be inspected rolled my window down. My window was broke before and now I can't roll my window up, so I didn't go on any test Saturday or Sunday and I had to drive my truck into work today. Wasn't happy when the pump stop at $75 and the truck wasn't full. $4.15 gallon, not happy.... If I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck at all.

Today I did get my bubblier done, but I have the car in the shop getting the window fixed (new motor $65), I couldn't install it. I do have some pictures to share... I had to use brass couplings inside to hold down the white barb tips through the rubber top. The tube is acrylic $3, caps $2.50 I believe everything was just over $10. While I was at the plastic store I got 4 4x4x.5 high des plastic to replace the clear ones I have on my present units.

The bubblier is 12" long 1.5 " OD... Any comments????

Thank you all.
    Kelly Donner

That is a great looking bubbler. Nice Job. But one last thing to add. Get one of those blue fish tank aerator stones and attach it to where the bubbles come out in the bottom of the tube. This will make your bubbler scrub the gas 20 times better.

Now that is a good tip..... Didn't know that....

Thank you
    Kelly Donner

Looking good, Kelly! I was just looking back to the beginning of this thread and thinking of how far you've come.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php