Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm new here, please be easy on me. :)

I'm new here, please be easy on me. :)

Hello everyone,

My name is Kelly Donner and I trying to hook up my 98 Saturn with a double dry cell system... I have everything connected and I have taken it a maiden voyage and Im not happy with my results.

I run a double gen with a volo chip, I have a switch and amp meter on my dash. I use KOH, 2 tbsp per quart of distilled water. I'm drawing 30-33 amps with this mixture. I placed over 150 miles (highway) on my test and I have not filled it up to see exact gallons used but the gas gauge is setting about the same on a 150 mile trip.

Was expecting at least a 10mpg increase if not double my mileage on this 30mpg car.

I had issues on my vacuum side drawing to much air, it was collapsing my lines and sucking the bubbler inwards. I place a value to restrict airflow.

The manufacturer stated the drop is very important for making HHO 12-20 inches..... I called another one with the same design and they said as long as the reservoir was above it don't matter on the drop distance. (I'm about 2-3inches on the drop). I need feedback on this one.

also after my test I checked the temp of the reservoir and I got 150 degrees f.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Kelly,
    You're going to have to post a butt-load more information.
    What's a "double drycell system"? Is it 2 separate drycell reactors?
    How is each reactor set up? If you're only using 2 tbsp, KOH per quart (most of us use 3/4 POUND per qt) and it's drawing over 30 amps., somethings not right. How many neutrals per stack & how many stacks?
    Why is it hooked up to vacuum? It should go before the throttle body.
    What the hell is a 'drop distance'?
    With the high temperature & low electrolyte percentage, it sounds like you have very few neutrals. Each stack, at minimum, should be set up like this:
    +NNNNN-.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Thank you for the reply..... reading the forum I see you are one of the Guru's, again TY.

I'm running a hydroclubusa.com double cell setup (2 seperate cells) -NNN+NNN-

"The Drop" the distance from the reservoir to the cell, they want 12-20 inches. I only have 2-3. still don't understand that.

I have them in hooked up in parallel. (both intakes are going the the bottom center outlet of the reservoir, both outlets are going to the bottom side inlet.) I have 2 outlets on the top of the reservoir, one going to the vacuum side PVC value and the other going into the air intake side

3/4 of a pound of KOH?????

What would be the best way to get this setup running?

Kelly

I did a search here for hydroclubusa, I guess I didn't do my home work soon enough.....

Looks like I need to add a more neutrals?

Kelly,
    Unfortunately, those reactors are friggi'n tiny. What are the plate dimensions? Also, having only 3 neutrals per stack is making more steam than anything. At 13.8vdc average, each cell is receiving 3.45 volts. Way too high! You need a minimum of 5 neutrals per stack. That would give you 2.76 volts. 6 would be better at 1.97 volts per cell.
    The only way to get this right would be to add 3 more neutral plates per stack. So, you'll need 12 more so that each reactor is configured like this: -NNNNNN+NNNNNN-. Or, remove 2 plates from each reactor so that each is -NNNNNN+. Either way, you'll need to increase the KOH content a hell of a lot.
    However you decide to do it is up to you, but either way get rid of the vacuum hookup. It's just stupid. Vacuum is created only during idle and braking, the times that HHO is useless. Plumb both to your intake.
    The height of the reservoir makes no difference.
    Another thing that would help would be if we knew what size engine you have. The standard rule of thumb for figuring out what reactor configuration to run is 1LPM (liter per minute) of actual gas output per liter of engine displacement.
    I know by now I'm just making you about the happiest person in here, but there's more......The acrylic that the endplates are made of is gonna start cracking where the holes are drilled for the fittings.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

it's a 98 Saturn 1.9 liter twin cam 5 speed.

Thank you for the honesty.

It almost sounds like it would be easier to get a new generator?

Who runs the best for the best price?

We all just build our own.
    For your motor, you'll need only 1LPM output, so that's not bad. You should be able to get that by redoing the ones you have. What are the plate dimensions and what style are the gaskets? It looks like the plates a 4"x4" with round gaskets. Is this correct?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

Yes, that is correct...

Thank you for your help.
    Kelly Donner

OK, try this first: Rather than tossing this setup, try changing things a bit on each reactor. Remove the nuts from the bolts & take out the first 2 plates (1 neg. & 1 neutral). Take the pos. plate & put it where the 1st neg. plate was. Now each unit will be +NNNNN-. With both reactors set like this, you should be able to get the proper amount of production. Of course, you need to increase the KOH percentage. Since you don't have a CCPWM and are running brute force, you should start with what you already have & keep adding KOH until you get it where it should be. With such small plates, I wouldn't go over 15 amps. There is only 12.56 sq.in. of active plate area per reactor.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

Over 15 amps, is that for each cell or total for both?

Thank you for the redesign