Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm new here, please be easy on me. :)

Ok ok, this good..... specially about Harbor Freight, I was thinking about bring them to work and see if one of my skilled trade buddies could help me out but I like the idea of Harbor Freight better....

I just ordered 12 more plates and o-rings, plus I ordered 45 degree threaded barb fittings to add more input ports on the opposite sides of my cells for better flow... that would give me dual input ports and single exit port or should I go dual in and dual out ports? Room is tight.......

With these added plates any input of plate config to enhance my hho output? -nnnnnn+nnnnnn- or something else?

Thank you
    Kelly Donner

Your number of plates should be OK. I have a suggestion which you might not be able to do. Your reservoir needs to possibly be higher. Maybe not but I think so. The way I set this up is when the reactor(s) are running I move the reservoir up to find the flooded state while running and then move it down slightly so the level of the electrolyte while the reactor is running is just above the bottom of the exit port (gas port). You have to do this while the reactor is running and the reservoir is full. The problem is the reservoir level goes down so does the level of electrolyte in the reactor. You will have to work a happy medium so you do not have to fill the reservoir so often. It is better to have it to high then to low. The solution is an auto refill to keep the reservoir in the sweet spot all the time by using a float in the reservoir and a separate tank and little electric pump. If the reservoir is to low then you will have very poor performance. If you have to have the reservoir low then you must use a pump to keep the level up and circulate the electrolyte.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

The manufacturer stated a 12-20inch drop or distances from the reservoir to the cells, but I don't have that room, 3-4 inches is all I have and they stated a I might need a pump.
    Again I don't think I have enough room to tie in a pump either.

I'm trying to get to a point where I see favorable results so I'm incorrigied to continue. 1200 miles of testing so far 3-4 mpg gain, is it the HHO, is the Volo chip, is it that I'm not driving as hard during testing or is it a combination of the above.

headed to Harbor Freight today to get me a blaster.

Thank you.
    Kelly Donner

Ok, picked up a spot blaster from harbor freight ($19.99)

went to Lowes, no Weld-on 16, picked up 2 types of sand, GP Sand and Fine Sand.... Didn't want to go back so I got both.

I done a search to see who sells Weld-on 16, Amazon is about the only one on the Internet......

I want to make sure I'm reading this right.

I only spot blast the holes, not the whole surface and I only apply the weld-on to the holes, not the whole surface???????

Might go to Home Depot or ACO to see if they have it Weld-on 16....

Thank you again.
    Kelly Donner

Weld-on 16 is an acrylic cement. It should be sold at stores that sell acrylic. IPS corporation the maker of this product and is located in Compton California. It is not sold in Home Depot or Lows.

Now for blasting I used the spot blaster for just blasting the area around the the ports. About 1/2 inch all around the port. The best thing is to blast the whole plate but I doubt you will be able to do that job with the spot blaster. Sand blasting the area around the ports is to give the Weld-on a rough surface to hang on to. Other wise is just comes right off. You can try and blast the whole plate and see if it is possible.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

I got Weldon-16 at ebay for $17.00 + 7.95 for shipping.
    Seller was ROSS BROUGH, his email is:

piperplastics1@yahoo.com

If you live in a decent sized town there will be a plastic shop. They make everything plastic. I buy Weldon 16 locally. I get the large tube for $16.00. Here is another good place to get it. I discovered this quite by accident but it does work wonders when done correctly.

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=132&

Here the large tube can be bought for $7.25

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Does anybody have pictures of the Weldon 16 application on thier plates for reference?
    VIN 1GTHK33F0RJ737771
    1994 K3500 crew cab 4x4 non- dually
    Walt's Air Filter Upgrade
    4" Turbo Back Exaust
    No Muffler no Cat
    Homemade Boost Controller
    Boost Gauge, EGT Gauge, Trans Temp
    B&M Transmission Aluminum Pan
    Remote PMD with #9
    Marine Injectors
    Aftermarket cylinder heads
    Walt's cooling upgrade w/Duramax fan and clutch.
    199,000 miles
    BF Goodrich A/T's. 265/75-R16

Reading, Pennsylvania

Baz,
    Go to Larry's You-tube channel. He has a great video about applying the Weldon. The actual application starts at about 3 1/2 minutes in.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HHOPWR#p/u/48/AnOl9d4mPL0
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Here is some of my experiences with Weldon 16. The large tube dries up before you can use all of it unless you are doing hundreds of plates at one time. I buy the small tube in bulk(by the case) and it works out cheaper than the large tube per piece price by just a bit. It flows a lot better if the plates are not to cold or hot. 70ºF seams to be good give or take some. Bubbles do form and can burst with use and create current leakage especially on the inside edge of the ports. Ben uses tape and fills the ports up completely and then uses a rotary tool to re shape them. I do something similar. I use a thin flexible kitchen cutting sheet cut into two pieces to the size I want and tape them onto the plate so the tape does not touch any active surface area only where the gasket will be (3 sides). I fill in all or most of the port on the first side and the Weldon 16 does not stick to this cutting sheet. After everything is dry I flip it over remove the cutting sheet pieces and do the other side. I use a cheap little rotary tool for $6 from Harbor freight and remove the excess material in the center leaving a good margin around the edge both inside the port and outside. I test each plate with an ohm meter and have found spots that look like they are covered (shinny) but because of the media blasting the tips of some of the blasted surface area are not covered and still conduct. I reapply a little to solve this. It drys quite fast and if you try to spread it around as it is drying it will make a real mess. As more people start using it (thank you Larry) maybe we will get some easier ways to apply this stuff. To remove any Bo Bo's use weldon 3 or 4. Acetone also removes it with a little work.