Thread: Answer me this????

Lightbulb Answer me this????

If you have a 2ltr enguine and 4 cylinders running at 2000rpm taking a 2ltr per min hho unit connected! Working this out roughly it seems a very low imput?? Here is my reasoning! 1)Piston size: .5ltr per piston 2)Firing speed:500 times per min at 2000rpm 3)HHO output:2ltrs per min (devided by 4 pistons) In my rough calculations .5ltrs(air drawn into piston before ignition)x 500 times a minute(times a 4stroke piston fires at 2000rpm)=250ltrs per minute per piston! Now devide your 2ltrs hho by 4(amount of pistons sucking air and hho)=.5ltrs per piston per minute??? Now if your one piston sucks 250 ltrs per minute of air and only .5ltrs is hho thats roughly 1/500 ratio and that equates to .001ltrs hho-.5ltrs air per piston per explosion(firing stroke) so what I want to know is do we need to consider a much higer ratio to make more effect?????

A 2 liter engine only needs 1LPM of HHO gas. If you've done your research, you'll know that the Hydroxy merely promotes a more complete burn and an increased flame-front speed. We're not trying to run on HHO only.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Wink I study every night!

I understand completely that its a complement to increase the flash ignition of the fuel hence improving the combustion of the fuel and a cleaner burn.But surely at tick over with 2ltrs of hho on my 2ltr diesel minus the alternators extra load my revs should increase slightly with the better efficiency as for example if U add a squirt of noz to the intake? I am only asking this in a possitive manner so I can improve my understanding and in the near future add to the knowledge and maby progression of hho

Take this with a grain of salt. If you take in consideration all the parameters to figure out how much HHO you need to feed an engine. You will find that some formular probably does not compute. so take the basic approach of it, .5 lpm per 1 liter of engine displacement. Now having said that, some diesel like the 3.0 turbo in my 85 300SD, in order to see a 25-35% increase you need to feed it liter per liter, 3.0 liter engine, feed it 3 lpm HHO.

Okay here's another twist to that, a F-350 with 7.3 turbo Powestroke engine is only using 2.5lpm and yield 2-3 mpg while pulling a 5th wheel. so you will need to do some research and a lot of experimenting with your application. Then tell the world about and be prepaired to be called "Snake oil" seller. Done correctly this process will make you feel like one of the smartest person in the world and drive by those gas pumps.

I think some recalculation may be needed.
    A 4 stroke engine has 2 strokes per revolution. intake is 1 stroke , or 180 degrees , compression is another stroke, 180 degrees, equals 360 degrees or 1 rpm , then the same with power stroke and exhaust. Each piston in a 4 cyl 4 stroke engine fires 1 time for 2 revolutions or 1000 times at 2000 rpm. So how much hho is needed to mix with 2000 liters ( 2l of cid at 1000 times a min. ) of a/f to improve combustion ?

Quote Originally Posted by iamcroweman View Post
    I think some recalculation may be needed.
    A 4 stroke engine has 2 strokes per revolution. intake is 1 stroke , or 180 degrees , compression is another stroke, 180 degrees, equals 360 degrees or 1 rpm , then the same with power stroke and exhaust. Each piston in a 4 cyl 4 stroke engine fires 1 time for 2 revolutions or 1000 times at 2000 rpm. So how much hho is needed to mix with 2000 liters ( 2l of cid at 1000 times a min. ) of a/f to improve combustion ?
    I think you might be the first person ever in the history of HHO to figure that out! ...NOT! Don't over-think it, OK?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]