Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
Victor, there are some things to help prevent the warping. One is blast an X pattern on both sides before you start blasting (corner to corner). The other is hold the nozzle at a 45ยบ angle and of course do not get to close. Keep the distance between the nozzle and the plate always the same. This is important not only for warpage but to have equal texture on the plates. It takes a little practice if you are not doing it everyday. I use a commercial powder coating place to do my blasting. They ruined a few plates before I was able to teach the guy what to do. Even now in a set of plates one or two are ever so slightly warped but have been able to straighten them to use them. If they are just slightly warped straighten them by bending them catercorner wise. Not on the square. You will find that when done right media blasting is without question the way to go. Long term testing still needs to be completed to see what happens over time.
Carter,
I took all your advise as you told me before, was able to sandblast a few test plates, they look nice BWT still end up crooked. Since I already cross sanded half of the plates will end up with this method for this size.

Next size of the plates I will do 8" x 19" to accommodate two chambers in a horizontal (parallel) placement. the inside working area of the chambers will be 6" (H) x 8" (W) with 1" gasket boundary. With this smaller size I will definitely do the sandblasting (I got your idea and figured out how to sandblast).

Lee,
I will surely put some rubber pieces inside in between the plates to keep them from shorts.