Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Victor's HHO Dry Cell

I see that. About the flashback arrestor I use: it is professional welder's flashback with check valve. Your flashback you use is just filed with bronze or some other kind of mesh type material. Right?

Victor I use the same flash back arrestor that Astro does and for 16 LPM I use 4 3/8 hoses each with a flashback on them for the longer run. The hoses go into a small manifold which has a 1 inch hose exiting it and going to the point of injection which is only about 6 inches away from this little plastic manifold. This is in a large farm tractor. In this case the small manifold could get damaged but didn't the couple times I had it tested. There isn't that much HHO in it because of it's size. By the way each hose has it's own bubbler. You have to have all four bubblers connected together at the bottom to keep pressure/level equal in all of them.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Victor I use the same flash back arrestor that Astro does and for 16 LPM I use 4 3/8 hoses each with a flashback on them for the longer run. The hoses go into a small manifold which has a 1 inch hose exiting it and going to the point of injection which is only about 6 inches away from this little plastic manifold. This is in a large farm tractor. In this case the small manifold could get damaged but didn't the couple times I had it tested. There isn't that much HHO in it because of it's size. By the way each hose has it's own bubbler. You have to have all four bubblers connected together at the bottom to keep pressure/level equal in all of them.
    Hello Carter,
    did not hear from you for a long time.
    So, as I understand these home brewed flashback protectors do not have any check valves and are filled with just aluminum or bronze wool. Right?

What do you think about water/methanol injection on top of HHO? Plus a set air ionizers?
    VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers
    CHEMICAL RESISTANCE GUIDE FOR PLASTIC AND METAL VALVES AND FITTINGS

Hello Carter,
    did not hear from you for a long time.
    So, as I understand these home brewed flashback protectors do not have any check valves and are filled with just aluminum or bronze wool. Right?

What do you think about water/methanol injection on top of HHO? Plus a set air ionizers?
    Victor I have been very busy.

I have not taken a flashback apart but will to see what they are made of. I do not think there is any bronze or aluminum in these. I do know they work well with very low back pressure. I have never had a backfire but have tested them and they do work well. I just have not spent the time to see how they are made. Maybe someone else has and can report before I get around to doing it.

I know water/methanol injection on top of HHO plus a set of ionizers works very well. It has to all be tuned to work well. The right amount of all the different stuff and the right timing of the diesel injection is required.

Drive safe my friend and look out for all those 4 wheel crazies out there.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Vistor,
    The arrestors have one or more very fine plastic screens. They are not homemade. They come in different sizes for different throughput. Contace Bruce directly through the email seller link on the eBay add and ask him what you'd need for that much output.
    Steve
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

flash suppressor

i've used a brass fuel filter like the ones used on the old q jet carbs they look like a brass sponge and are designed to be explosion proof
    Daniel
    the only thing you cant do is the thing you dont want to do

and they dont create any back pressure
    Daniel
    the only thing you cant do is the thing you dont want to do

i've used a brass fuel filter like the ones used on the old q jet carbs they look like a brass sponge and are designed to be explosion proof
    Have you had your HHO analyzed to see if there is a change of state after going through brass? Have you tested it multiple times to see if it works more than one time etc.? Gasoline and HHO are to different animals. If there is no change in the gas state and if it has been tested numerous times, then it should work fine. It could be an alternative if the cost is not to much. I would like to see some tests before I would recommend it.

VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers
    CHEMICAL RESISTANCE GUIDE FOR PLASTIC AND METAL VALVES AND FITTINGS

One thing that may help your large plates would be placing a small piece of gasket material in the center of each cell when reassembling.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Victor, there are some things to help prevent the warping. One is blast an X pattern on both sides before you start blasting (corner to corner). The other is hold the nozzle at a 45ยบ angle and of course do not get to close. Keep the distance between the nozzle and the plate always the same. This is important not only for warpage but to have equal texture on the plates. It takes a little practice if you are not doing it everyday. I use a commercial powder coating place to do my blasting. They ruined a few plates before I was able to teach the guy what to do. Even now in a set of plates one or two are ever so slightly warped but have been able to straighten them to use them. If they are just slightly warped straighten them by bending them catercorner wise. Not on the square. You will find that when done right media blasting is without question the way to go. Long term testing still needs to be completed to see what happens over time.