Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Victor's HHO Dry Cell

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Victor, there are some things to help prevent the warping. One is blast an X pattern on both sides before you start blasting (corner to corner). The other is hold the nozzle at a 45ยบ angle and of course do not get to close. Keep the distance between the nozzle and the plate always the same. This is important not only for warpage but to have equal texture on the plates. It takes a little practice if you are not doing it everyday. I use a commercial powder coating place to do my blasting. They ruined a few plates before I was able to teach the guy what to do. Even now in a set of plates one or two are ever so slightly warped but have been able to straighten them to use them. If they are just slightly warped straighten them by bending them catercorner wise. Not on the square. You will find that when done right media blasting is without question the way to go. Long term testing still needs to be completed to see what happens over time.
    Carter,
    I took all your advise as you told me before, was able to sandblast a few test plates, they look nice BWT still end up crooked. Since I already cross sanded half of the plates will end up with this method for this size.

Next size of the plates I will do 8" x 19" to accommodate two chambers in a horizontal (parallel) placement. the inside working area of the chambers will be 6" (H) x 8" (W) with 1" gasket boundary. With this smaller size I will definitely do the sandblasting (I got your idea and figured out how to sandblast).

Lee,
    I will surely put some rubber pieces inside in between the plates to keep them from shorts.
    VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers
    CHEMICAL RESISTANCE GUIDE FOR PLASTIC AND METAL VALVES AND FITTINGS

Victor for your bigger plates you need to turn down the pressure quite a lot and move the blaster slower across the plate. It takes some learning even for those that do this on a daily basis. It is a learned skill. I had to teach the guy who does my smaller plates and even then out of a hundred he warps 1 or 2 plates but I am able to get them straight enough with a very high powered heat gun and a very cold cloth. I put a damp cloth in the freezer and use it after it is stiff. Heat the highest spot of the warp with the heat gun (let it get as hot as possible and then put the frozen cloth on it. For small warps once is is sometimes enough on larger warps you need to do many more spots. This shrinks the plate back to something close to the original size. A little bending catercorner and you are good to go. The warpage usually takes place somewhere in the middle of the plate.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

it is great

Hey Victor. You might remember me from The Truckers Report, my name is Manny129. I remember you cause you helped me block my EGR's on my 04' Volvo VNL (Same truck you have). I cant believe I found you here doing HHO. It was in september/august last year you helped me block the EGR's. I have the same truck and was wondering about HHO on my semi. Will it have an effect on the turbo in anyway?

Also nice job on the HHO, saw it on youtube looks great. Whats your MPG? Also think you can make a bigger cell and get a possible 10MPG's?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtBikeATVHHO View Post
    Hey Victor. You might remember me from The Truckers Report, my name is Manny129. I remember you cause you helped me block my EGR's on my 04' Volvo VNL (Same truck you have). I cant believe I found you here doing HHO. It was in september/august last year you helped me block the EGR's. I have the same truck and was wondering about HHO on my semi. Will it have an effect on the turbo in anyway?

Also nice job on the HHO, saw it on youtube looks great. Whats your MPG? Also think you can make a bigger cell and get a possible 10MPG's?
    Hello dude,
    nice to meet you here! I refrain Trucker's Report forum after I was stoned by some "environmentalists" there.

Currently I am in a stage of redoing my dry cell into smaller unit but "unipolar" type. with 6 sections. It will be massive assembly with 6 e-lyte tanks each 1.5 gallons.

As of today, I do not have any positive results to report with HHO application, BWT I am not giving up and hope within one-two month have my new SMART HHO SYSTEM up and running.

Currently running with blocked EGR's the way I descibed at the other forum.
    My Shell Rotella oil overlapped 100K miles on single oil change and I will run with it another 50K and then will think about changing it. I am diung oil tests at Speedco and the guys after they saw the test results did not believe me I am over 100K miles on the same oil!!! That is environmently friendly! Just with EGRs off I already saved about $2500 on a one year oil change!

My MPG averages to 7.1MPG US = 8.2 MPG IMP/CAN = 33.13 L/100km

I have bought Water Methanol Injection System from AEM and going to install it next week. Will inject just straight RO water (no methanol ****). Hope to have extra 10% HP when hauling uphill and add extra fuel economy of about 5%.

One of my EGRs gives a fault code of harness short to ground, so when I get to fix it will definitely get my 10% extra fuel economy thing, since the freaking ECU is derating my engine.

If I have 8 MPG US with all that done, no HHO running will be already saving extra $1000 on my monthly fuel bill. Currently burning around 1500 US gallons in a month.

Will update you guys on my success.
    VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by borescopeit View Post
    Hello dude,
    nice to meet you here! I refrain Trucker's Report forum after I was stoned by some "environmentalists" there.

Currently I am in a stage of redoing my dry cell into smaller unit but "unipolar" type. with 6 sections. It will be massive assembly with 6 e-lyte tanks each 1.5 gallons.

As of today, I do not have any positive results to report with HHO application, BWT I am not giving up and hope within one-two month have my new SMART HHO SYSTEM up and running.

Currently running with blocked EGR's the way I descibed at the other forum.
    My Shell Rotella oil overlapped 100K miles on single oil change and I will run with it another 50K and then will think about changing it. I am diung oil tests at Speedco and the guys after they saw the test results did not believe me I am over 100K miles on the same oil!!! That is environmently friendly! Just with EGRs off I already saved about $2500 on a one year oil change!

My MPG averages to 7.1MPG US = 8.2 MPG IMP/CAN = 33.13 L/100km

I have bought Water Methanol Injection System from AEM and going to install it next week. Will inject just straight RO water (no methanol ****). Hope to have extra 10% HP when hauling uphill and add extra fuel economy of about 5%.

One of my EGRs gives a fault code of harness short to ground, so when I get to fix it will definitely get my 10% extra fuel economy thing, since the freaking ECU is derating my engine.

If I have 8 MPG US with all that done, no HHO running will be already saving extra $1000 on my monthly fuel bill. Currently burning around 1500 US gallons in a month.

Will update you guys on my success.
    Yea, I have a bunch of EGR codes on mine. But I noticed a loss in power, maybe its screwing with the ecu?

I might buy a couple of these http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html and create my own system. But what you mean by Smart System? Computer controlled?

How much LPM where you averaging?

What EGR codes are you getting exactly?

My Youtube vIdiotics.

I cannot remember off the top of my head but im getting SID266 (I think) that says electrical fault, inactive(Not sure), not properly working. These codes go on and off for me. Like I will be driving and the engine check would not come on. then it would.

My egr block was two tin can lids cut, rounded and placed on top, blocking the pipe. (Used 2 on each one for little bit more strength)

I did jam a large piece of aluminum foil and jammed it in tight. Learned my lesson when my Egr pipe exploded. Hope to god the aluminum foil is not anywhere in my engine or near my truck.

So do you think it can be degrading my already small 395 Horse engine?

SID 266 is EGR #2 fault code. BWT you should have FMI # as well. What happed with my EGR is harness problem. I still get EGR fault code but in a week or two I want to rewire it to get rid of the fault codes.

When you get EGR codes it is not necessary the inner problem with EGR itself. In most cases it is short or open circuit in your EGR harness. It will take time to remove all plastic covers near ECM, unplug the #2 EGR and redo the harness.

P.S.: IMHO I think that the EGR fault codes make my ECU derate the engine and that is the reason why I did not see any positive results with HHO application on my truck.
    By the way, I finally fried my new 220AMP DELCO alternator. I gave it a combined load of 170AMP. So, gonna replace it with another DELCO alternator, but 150AMP.

My Youtube vIdiotics.