Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for constructive critisism

You seemed to already have determined the shape and size so I left that part alone. That being said then, yes, round is the most wasteful shape. .04" black EPDM pond liner from Home Depot is very inexpensive and if you can make your own die cutting form then you'll probably be a popular guy around here. I thought you were going round because you had an abundance of fittings and gaskets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here is some ideas for size. If space is not being taken into consideration I would suggest a 4 X 8 inch plate where the bubbles only have approximately 3 inches to get out. This gives you about 26 square inches of active area on one side of one plate. Duel exit ports and single alternating input ports. All ports insulated with Weldon 16. This should work well with unipolar or bipolar setups. I have some test data supporting this size of plate but not as much as a 6 X 6 and 3 X 6 sized plate. All the new reactors I well be testing will be 4 X 8 unless I am building a small unit and then it will be 3 X 6. Some applications only need 2 lpm or less and a 3 X 6 two stack efficient reactor is more than enough. To increase the production with a bipolar setup you just add stacks or another reactor. With a unipolar you add plates to each set. All this has its limits based on flow and the thermodynamics of the reactor and plate design.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Here is some ideas for size. If space is not being taken into consideration I would suggest a 4 X 8 inch plate where the bubbles only have approximately 3 inches to get out. This gives you about 26 square inches of active area on one side of one plate. Duel exit ports and single alternating input ports. All ports insulated with Weldon 16. This should work well with unipolar or bipolar setups. I have some test data supporting this size of plate but not as much as a 6 X 6 and 3 X 6 sized plate. All the new reactors I well be testing will be 4 X 8 unless I am building a small unit and then it will be 3 X 6. Some applications only need 2 lpm or less and a 3 X 6 two stack efficient reactor is more than enough. To increase the production with a bipolar setup you just add stacks or another reactor. With a unipolar you add plates to each set. All this has its limits based on flow and the thermodynamics of the reactor and plate design.
    Myold,

Your 3 X 6 two stack cell is what I have on the vette. For small application this set up is ideal specially if room is an issue as it is on the Vette. Also, glad to see the Weldon 16 is really catching on.

Right you are, Ben. The Weldon 16 works very well if applied correctly to a media blasted surface. However, as many of us have found out the hard way, if applied to plates that have been merely cross-sanded, it's gonna fall off eventually and make a nice mess!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Lee, I can attest to that. I glass beaded my plates and the Weld-on 16 still came off. Sand blasting is essential.

What is the Weldon 16?
    I am going to be playing with gasket making. Yesterday I made a 7 plate bipolar 3x5 with some 11ga 309 I had laying around. Yesterday I picked up a sheet of 304 for 15.00 at a scrap yard. Nobody seems to have 316 in stock and I would have to buy an entire sheet. What are the downfalls of 316 bs 304. I also have several sheets of chrome plated steel. Anyone ever try this material?

Baz,
    Weldon 16 is a really good solvent cement made for acrylic. It's non-conductive, so it works well to prevent current leakage around the e/lyte and gas holes in the plates. If the plates aren't media-blasted, it won't stick.
    304 will work, but it won't last as long as 316L due to the higher iron content. I've been using 304 for 2 years now due to cost and availability. Eventually, I'll do a build with 316L, but not until I have everything perfected.
    Gaskets are simple to make. Just go to Home Depot and get some of their black 'pond liner'. For ten bucks, you'll have enough material to do several builds.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Bazarommcmullen View Post
    Question?
    I was thinking of running a potentiometer linked to my accelerator pedal to alter a PWM. Of course baby steps but is this worth looking into or should I also just run all or nothing do to the efficiency and engineering that is incorporated into this cell.
    do it. you are on the right track. traditionally every one sets their cells up to run at peak power making max hho all the time. that's essentially like running your car at WOT at all times. it's much more efficient to tailor the hho output from your reactor to what the engine is currently demanding. however your will need more than just a potentiometer. i think you are better off setting up something that adjust the hho's output based on the map or maf sensor as that will tell you how much air your engine is demanding and you can increase or decrease your hho output to keep the air/hho ratio you've decided to use
    hang loose,

charlie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I ordered my 316 plates yesterday from a local vendor. Getting them laser cut out of 16ga. Will have them in 10 days. That is if I am in town to pick them up. I will be traveling the next few weeks for work. Hopefully this weekend I will start bulkheads and gaskets. I am using biofarmers uni polar design. Hope he doesn't mind.

I have mentioned this before but here it is again. Turn your reactor off at idle. What happens at idle is the O2 sensor sees way to much O and after a few times of this it starts to add more fuel to compensate. It also lets your alternator take a brake saving fuel at the same time. It is like running your AC while idling uses more gas than when it is off. A lot of cars turn off the AC for short bits when idling to save gas. You do not need much if any HHO at idle. The reactor keeps producing HHO in decreasing amounts for some time after it is shut off so if you are not idling for long there will still be some HHO just a lot less. There are a number ways to do this, and the one I like is a voltage sensing switch that is adjustable. At idle most cars are not putting out the normal 13.8 to 14.1 volts but something less. When the switch senses the drop in voltage it shuts off the reactor. It also will not come on until the alternator is producing 13.8 volts or what ever you set it at. You can also use a mechanical switch on the accelerator, or get very tricky and with the right electronics use rpm to turn it on and off.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .