Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microcontroller driven Cell - module schematics

Microcontroller driven Cell - module schematics

Guys, I am in a process of programming my NETMF microcontroller and finishing schematics of integrated control module for my diesel application.

If Anybody is interested looking at the schematis and contributing to it I will be glad to make it public. My schematics are done in DipTrace PCB CAD software.

Quick overview of the module:
    • Voltage sensing
    • Current sensing up to 300 A
    • Dual PFETs PWM array (2x 4 IRF1405 N-channel Mosfets)
    • Digital pot for MAP sensor adjusting + voltage sensing in/out
    • 4x DS18B20 1-wire temp sensors (cell, PFETs, enclosure, ambient)
    • BMP085 temperature + barometric pressure + altitude
    • 6x relays
    • etc.

Any ideas and suggestions for extra stuff to add are very welcome!
    VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers
    CHEMICAL RESISTANCE GUIDE FOR PLASTIC AND METAL VALVES AND FITTINGS

i am interested in taking a look at them. youn email them to me if you wish. Mrmcmullen@comcast.net
    VIN 1GTHK33F0RJ737771
    1994 K3500 crew cab 4x4 non- dually
    Walt's Air Filter Upgrade
    4" Turbo Back Exaust
    No Muffler no Cat
    Homemade Boost Controller
    Boost Gauge, EGT Gauge, Trans Temp
    B&M Transmission Aluminum Pan
    Remote PMD with #9
    Marine Injectors
    Aftermarket cylinder heads
    Walt's cooling upgrade w/Duramax fan and clutch.
    199,000 miles
    BF Goodrich A/T's. 265/75-R16

Reading, Pennsylvania

Attached is DipTrace schematics file ZIP'ed.
    Data lines are marked in accordance with Arduino / FEZ Domino / FEZ Panda II.

VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers

Hello,

Im having some difficulties opening the Diptrace file. It saya the file forma is incorrect.

I have the latest Diptrace version (2.1.0.7)

thank you in advance.

By voltage sensing are you referring to sensing whether there is a charge voltage on the battery for turning the hho cell on and off? If so I would recommend a large range because depending on the age and condition of the batteries and alternator you would need to be able to fine tune the on and off times.

The initial files I shared are way outdated by now.
    I am continuously working on schematics and design on my SMART HHO control system. Hear are todays screenshots of 3D board view. The board size is just 5" x 2.5" and it will be available for sale as a single DIY PCB w/ parts KIT or Assembled.

It will contain in it two modules:
    1) GHI Electronics EMX module based (NXP LPC2478 Chipset) Microcontroller with TouchScreen, OBDII (supporting all communications protocols), digital MAP adjusting module (with voltage sensing IN and OUT), 2x EFIE adjustment modules (digital adjustment on the fly), 3x 16g Accelerator Sensor, Pressure & Altitude sensor, etc... THIS PART WILL BE RESIDING IN THE CAB.

2) The discussed SMART HHO CELL MODULE will be installed right in the HHO CELL compartment. Will communicate with the Microcontroller through Serial SPI and I2C interfaces, measure 4 types of temperature (using DS18B20 temperature sensors), have 6 relays for all control needs, intelligent Dual PWM IC (LT1162) capable of driving EIGHT N-Channel Power Mosfets - IRF1405 169A each (FOUR for each CHANNEL) @ max. 1MHz with 100% Duty Cycle (Lower Duty Cycles require low safe Frequencies of about 1000 Hz max.), measure CURRENT consumption up to 150 AMP through linear ACS758 Current Hall Effect Sensor, have extra LCD screen with 4x4 buttons keypad, Gas leak sensor, digital I2C Mass Flow Gas Meter (up to 20 slm) & Gas Pressure Sensor, Water Level sensing through MagnetoPOT ...

Power Mosfets are to be mounted on supersized heatsink and soldered together (using 200AMP copper bus).

Most temperature sensors, Current Sensor, Mass Flow Gas Meter, Gas Pressure Sensor are to be mounted outside the board in a convenient spot and plugged into the board.

I am designing it the way that it uses no more pins than standard Arduino board has, utilizing common UART, SPI, I2C, ADC and GPIOs so can be used with your own choice of a Microcontroller Board.

Wiring to the Microcontroller is gonna be through 2 or 3 bundles of twisted Network Cables. For cutom microcontroller use can be easily made Connection Shield to plug all the cables right into Arduino like stuff.

My final goal is to have finished product with Servicing software written in .NETMF 4.1.

If anyone willing to give a hand in code writing, that will be excellent.

Also, please advise on what you thing I am missing to include.

In about a week I will be close to finalizing schematics for the board and will share PDF file for the ones interesting (to review and suggest ).

P.S. As to the voltage sensing, I have two inputs to sense voltage @ BATTERY and @ MOSFETS input, BWT all data needed will be collected REAL TIME through OBDII interface:

Hardware support for...
    all legislated OBD-II protocols: ISO 15765-4 (CAN), ISO 14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000), ISO 9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles), SAE J1850 VPW (GM vehicles), SAE J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles).

non-legislated OBD protocols: ISO 15765, ISO 11898 (raw CAN), Support for SAE J1939 OBD protocol (HEAVY DUTY VEHICLES, Cummins, CAT, VOLVO, DETROIT, etc.).

By the way, I am using DipTrace 2.1.9.1 Beta

My Youtube vIdiotics.

Great stuff Victor!! We need this in more ways than one.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I do understand aall this. My first attempt is to ingroduce as many things as possible on a single PCB. Many parts are in modular type in schematics and that means that only needed components may be soldered onto it decreasyng the cost for a particular configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Great stuff Victor!! We need this in more ways than one.

My Youtube vIdiotics.

Updating on my success...

Guys, take your time to see what is my idea and goals, and what I am at right now.

First Microcontroller design is finished, will go ahead to order PCBs and to a prototype to get the main module working...

And still I have to finish two other modules - SMART CELL BOARD and POWER MOSFETs breakout board.

My YouTube video comment:

Here I am quickly sharing with you guys what I have done in past month:
    SMART HHO Control Unit based on NXP's LPC2388 ARM7 72MHz CPU using .NETMF with GHI Electronics' firmware and C# Development Environment.

Too much to write about the features I included. Just see the video and tell me what you think about it.

Main features though:
    OBD II Interface Module implementing all OBD II protocols including J1939 (Heavy Duty Class 8 Equipment), 4x20 characters display, Ambient Pressure and temperature sensor with digital compass IC, Dual PWM Drive Circuit (up to 2 Mhz 100% Duty Cycle), HHO Gas Mass Flow sensor (up to 20 slm), Gas leak sensor, Current and Temperature Sensing POWER MOSFETs, and a hack of other sensors...

My Youtube vIdiotics.

Excellent video Victor. You should check out Square One's Hydro Max controller.

http://www.hydro-maxx.com/

I have asked around for some programing help. I will let you know if they have some spare time. Be safe!! there are to many crazy's out there as you well know.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .