Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hho placebo effect... Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by hhonewbie View Post
    My guess is 102Amp load is way to high & probably why your not making any gains. Maybe you could modify your reactor to run more efficiently or reduce the load to say 40-60Amps. Are you running a stock alternator, heavy duty(high Amp,dual rectified,etc.)or axillary alt.?
    Your guess might be right, but the fact that I am running 465HP diesel engine capable to handle heavy alternator load easily makes a big difference if you compare the engine and alternator option with light trucks or 4 wheelers.

I had 140A Delco stock alternator that was dying for a long time. I upgraded it to Heavy Duty Delco 220A alternator bought from this seller http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-A...#ht_4963wt_945

The alternator easily outputs 14.3V for charge of the whole truck system and measured current consumption is around 50A. When I do hook up my HHO generator it draws 150A with my HHO generator draw of 100A.

You see here that the alternator is capable of feeding my truck charging system + HHO cell at the same time. In order not to kill an alternator it should be loaded no more than 2/3rd of its capacity. That means the 220A alternator should be loaded with no more than 147A when I am very close to it.

150A of load on the alternator turns out into 2145W (14.3V * 150A) = 2.88HP.
    2.88HP is just 0.7% of the engine load. My conclusion: it is a joke to claim any load waste because of the HHO Cell draw at 100A.

Perfect HHO output for my engine is around 12-18LPM, currently I am doing 7.33LPM @ 100A. If I bring my HHO generator to overunity I will be able to output 12LPM @ a bit over 100A which sounds more than perfect.

Another thing I understand that even with 0.7% load on the engine my 7LPM might not be enough to recoup the HP lost for the HHO production, thus I need to lower AMP load as you recommend, or overproduce the HHO amount to recoup and benefit from it.

Another though was to hook up Auxiliary diesel generator on the truck and power the cell separately from the engine in order not to create any additional load on it but instead feed it with different amounts of HHO and see real gains.

Lets say, if I run auxiliary 6000 kW diesel generator (feeding it from the same fuel tank with inline fuel amount counter) I will be able to use 300A easily from it for as little as 4L/H which will add that 4L/H to my fuel consumption. At 300A I might be able to produce 30LPM of HHO to feed into the engine. With these numbers I might come closer to 30% fuel economy at will transfer to about 10-12L/H less 4L/H of savings = 6-8L/H.

Do you get my thought?

As to retarding of fuel injection, that is not good idea since it is not realizable in a long run. The adjusted engine has to be running with the HHO all the time.

What my solution might be is to install Methanol/Water Injection KIT (full KIT from AEG Electronics for around $1000) and inject just water or 20% methanol solution into the engine along with the HHO. It is a common knowledge that the MWI is retarding the combustion speed but HHO is advancing it instead. Having both systems tuned up and working in union will compensate each other and each system will benefit from another. Thus, I might be able to have my HHO reactor contribute in full power and who knows, may be to claim 50% fuel economy on a big rig?

Another thing I learned about VOLVO engines that these are very fuel efficient contrary to Detroit, CAT or ISX engines. Any testimonies I hear about fuel economy gains by using HHO are related to these engines, mostly Detroit and CAT. Never heard about VOLVO engines and ISX's.
    VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers
    CHEMICAL RESISTANCE GUIDE FOR PLASTIC AND METAL VALVES AND FITTINGS

Victor,
    Just a quick comment on your load % calculation.
    Although your truck can produce 465 HP flat out, it's probably not producing more than a quarter of that while cruising on the flat.
    This means your .7% may now be 2.8%, probably more.

By the way, I also believe many people fool themselves into attributing FE to the wrong causes.

Pete.

Pete you are right and the bottom line is going to be the real gain which will be some where between 15 and 25% when you get the right amount (HHO to amp draw), unless you inject less fuel, change the timing or use other methods to get more out of the HHO maintaining the same HP.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

hahaaa wow so now everybody paying attention to tuning when i was using a AFC years back LOL. nice to see thou