Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maximum Amps

Quote Originally Posted by Bhart View Post
    What is wrong with KOH or NaOH, when it leaks all over the inside of the engine compartment it really shines everything up it a great caustic cleaner!!!! Anyone......
    I wish it wouldn't shine up my engine... as I read here it will corrode aluminum parts of the air intake.
    1999. BMW 318i (E46)

Quote Originally Posted by rexstar View Post
    Hello.

Can some one tell me what is the recommended amp drawing of the dry cell?
    How much amps an average car's alternator can safely supply and what's the mid-size car's maximum amp consumption with everything on (light, air conditioning, etc.)?

Just rough estimation...
    to know for sure and get the correct number you should check to see whats the amp rating of your alternator then use a amp meter to measure your car at full power load (eg. turn the AC on, all the lights, the high beam, wipers, music, hold the break down, just turn everything in ur car that uses power on, on full blast) measure the amp draw then minus that from your alternator's rating then you will know for sure how much you have to play with, keeping in mind that you will need to leave 10-15amps to keep the battery alive.

for me, my car came with a 105amp alternator from the factory but i upgrade it to a 200amp PMA and the car can only draw a maximum of 67.8AMPS so i have alot to play with.

if you have anymore questions pm me because i don't look at all the threads everyday.