Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maximum Amps

Maximum Amps

Hello.

Can some one tell me what is the recommended amp drawing of the dry cell?
    How much amps an average car's alternator can safely supply and what's the mid-size car's maximum amp consumption with everything on (light, air conditioning, etc.)?

Just rough estimation...
    1999. BMW 318i (E46)

For your average car, I would not exceed 30 amps without an upgrade to the alternator on the vehicle.

As far as how many amps in a dry cell? Well thats like asking how many windows in a building. It depends on how big the building is ... Can be as little as 10 amps or over 100 it just depends on the size of the dry cell.

Quote Originally Posted by keiththevp View Post
    For your average car, I would not exceed 30 amps without an upgrade to the alternator on the vehicle.

As far as how many amps in a dry cell? Well thats like asking how many windows in a building. It depends on how big the building is ... Can be as little as 10 amps or over 100 it just depends on the size of the dry cell.
    Right , forgot to mention that this is made of 7 316L SS plates, size 170mm X 90mm.
    -NN+NN-.

13,90 Volts
    12 Amperes
    1999. BMW 318i (E46)

With your current plate configuration your cell will be inefficient and over heat. Use this configuration +NNNNN- and your cell will be able to draw 10 amps and will run cool 24-7 with no overheating and you will produce more gas.

Hi keiththevp

I have just tried +NNNNN- configuration on my cell and it is not producing any gas at all... bit strange, I was expecting if not more at-least the same quantity.

13.90 Volts
    1 Ampere

Thanks.
    1999. BMW 318i (E46)

Rex,
    I figure that to be about 156 sq. in. With the proper strength of electrolyte, that thing shold be pulling about 38-39 amps. Did you mix a 28% KOH solution?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello BioFarmer93

I'm gonna be honest... I'm using Sodium bicarbonate!

Yes, I know that it's not good but at least it is safe.
    KOH and NaOH is better but little bit dangerous....
    1999. BMW 318i (E46)

Not going to waste the keystrokes. Somebody tell him please... Lee?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your safe baking soda turns into NaOH and CO2 after being run in your electrolysis cell. So basically stop pumping out co2 and just go get straight lye (NaOH or KOH)

Up the concentration until it draws 10 amps and as long as your providing the 13.9v you should have a cool efficient dry cell.

What is wrong with KOH or NaOH, when it leaks all over the inside of the engine compartment it really shines everything up it a great caustic cleaner!!!! Anyone......