Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first attempts!

Talking My first attempts!

Good Afternoon everyone,

Before i start picking your brains i just want to introduce myself and show you a bit of what i have done.

My Name's Jeremy and I have recently decided to venture into HHO in hopes of saving some dollars in gas, and eventually NOT use Gas that the man behind the curtain has made us all so "dependent" on.

Anywho here's my first failed attempt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOcIh-q3Nzs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl0PUZezT0Y

I have pictures of my *new* cell built based on the information i got form this website:

http://www.greenfuelh2o.com/learning_center_s/14.htm [open chapter 10]

I will post pics when i get home.

See attachments for current unit.

what a plate !

Jeremy,
    Welcome to the Forum! I hope you have a good time and learn a lot in here.
    It looks like you've been putting lots of hard work into your system. Keep it up!
    It's unfortunate about your first reactor. I know (several times over) how heartbreaking it can be.
    One thing I'd like to stress before you start getting discouraged. Your first reactor had problems due to excessive heat. This is because it was an open bath (wet cell) design. Your new one is still an open bath unit. Guess what's gonna happen?
    After you get done experimenting and get your feet wet, we'll all be more than happy to assist you in building a dry-cell reactor.
    Good luck.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

I hope I only think I am seeing something here that is not here. If I am seeing what I think I am then. I hate to be the first one to say it but DON"T RUN THAT CELL FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME! You will hurt yourself or someone else. It looks like you have copper wires connecting the compartments in your Acrylic box. If you do then remove them quickly. They will corrode very rapidly then come apart and spark. Your entire box will explode. If you are using KOH or NaOH as electrolyte it will then destroy all your Aluminum engine parts.

If you are using Acrylic then you need to switch to either Weldon 3 or Weldon 16 to glue it together. I am unsure what the red glue is but I can promise that it will not hold.

I hate to be a downer and probably would have not have said anything except for those wires.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Damn, Larry! Here I am, trying to be nice for a change, and you come along and screw it up!
    I figured we'd let him do some thinking first & maybe he'd realize that he's building a bomb on his own.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Jeremy, do not hook your electrical to the ignition switch!!!!
    This is also a big no no!!!! Once the the switch is turned on you are making HHO whether your engine is running or not. If the engine is not running now you have a bomb ready to explode. Right Lee!!!! Best method is to use your oil pump relay switch, or your fuel pump relay switch, something that turns the HHO off when the engine is not running.

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/safe-power-control

LOL!

I really appreciate your comments guys, but this model was just a test for heat.....

@Bhart - I have it wired into the "on" of the engine so it WILL turn off when the car is off, i have not overlooked that, as well i have the switch that i may control it.

@H2OPWR - The Red Stuff is Gasket Maker, not glue. I used some multi-purpose PVC glue i used from my previous project. Also the copper wires are all JUST for the testing of the heat. I will NOT be putting this in my car as IS.

@lhezleton - i have been looking at the dry cell Idea, but got disheartened at how hard it looks to build!.... Here in Barbados i cannot get HALF the things i want to even finish my Wet Cell.... Also i'm Aiming to prove the worth of wet-cells... i have yet to see ANYONE use a plan like what was described in Chapter 10 of the link i posted above, where you have 6 cells running in series. It makes Logical sense that if i am using more voltage to make Hydroxy then little is lost to heat... My tests thus far have proven that... i just do not know how it will perform in the heated atmosphere of my Engine Bay

Again reallly appreciate the comments guys *no sarcasm* =)

Smile Its good to learn but better to listen!

Hi Jeremy,Firstly I would like to say that the guys who have replied to your questions know more than you think! I built a wet cell in a 6mm sealed acrylic case bonded with a special acrylic glue and it leaked the hydrogen out the joints without the oxygen or liquid escaping!!! The enguine can get up to 90-95c before the fan cools it and that super heats the system and eventually it leaks the liquid,this also gives the wet cell runaway that is then causing your electrodes to be eaten away!!!I have built my first dry cell with good advice from the guys here and while it needs a bit more refining I have just got my first gain of 12% fuel saving today!!! Put your money and time in a Dry cell and refine it until it works and leave the wet cell in the past where it belongs! Thats my advice and experience talking!!! Good luck either way!

Omg thank you.... that was the response i was looking for! >_<

Well i figured there was a reason wet cells were not in use anymore. Can anyone point me as to where i can find good, clear dry cell plans?