Thread: New to HHO, have some general questions

Cool New to HHO, have some general questions

Hi! I just registered at this forum and am interested in getting started with HHO. I started reading about this technology back in Summer of 2008, the last time that gas prices got this high, but never really did anything about it. Now it costs me $90 to fill my BMW and if I'm not careful, I have to fill it up once a week!

My first question is if you guys think that my car would be a good candidate. It's a 2001 BMW 740i (e38) Sport. Averages about 16 mpg on its 4.4L V8 and I'd like to bump that up as much as possible. I've been looking at various kits on eBay such as this one. The seller tells me that it should work on my car no problem and that he has it installed on his 2004 Jaguar 4.0s. Is there any reason to believe that this wouldn't be compatible?

My second question is about installation. Are they pretty easy to install or should I solicit a professional? I am located in the East Bay outside of San Frandisco if that's of any use. I work in IT so I'm more versed in computer/network technology rather than auto mechanics but depending on the dificulty/instructions/tools required, I might be able to install it myself.

Thanks!

hahaaaa the link you post of a wet cell setup LMAO. thanks for the laugh man. ok you need to do a little research and them pm me because i might not read this thread again but first off welcome to the forums. ok you need to know a few things before starting, whats the rating of your alternator?(how much AMPS), is your car SAFC2 compatible?(can you install a Apexi SAFC,SAFC2,VAFC,VAFC2,AFC NEO. after you know this, you need to measure now much free space you have to work with to mount your HHO system.