Thread: Lead Plates?

Lead Plates?

I haven't seen anyone say they use lead plates, has anyone tried it? It seems like it would be a good material. I doesn't rust, it is corrosive resistant (They use it in batteries and that are soaked in sulfuric acid), and it is conductive. Why don't people use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaitsev View Post
    I haven't seen anyone say they use lead plates, has anyone tried it? It seems like it would be a good material. I doesn't rust, it is corrosive resistant (They use it in batteries and that are soaked in sulfuric acid), and it is conductive. Why don't people use it?

I tried them several years ago. They don't work at all. Lead erodes off the Anode and shorts out the entire cell. I too thought it might work but does not.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

what about lead oxide? If you use the stuff they use in lead acid batteries, wouldn't that work?