Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have decided to build my first DryCell

I have decided to build my first DryCell

Well it didn't take long for me to be converted to the dark-side but a user confirmed what i needed to hear about wet cells and so now i want to give DryCells a go.

Alright as you can see below i took apart my wet cell design to salvage the parts:

And looking at it i think i will use these materials as a start:

So now what should i use for gaskets? and how do i get an exact hole for the Water-in and Gas-out holes in my 1/4" acrylic?

Your 1/4" acrylic will crack at the mounting holes. It is too thin, some builders use plastic cutting boards. You will need to offset your inlet holes so they are not in line with each other (voltage leakage), but the gas holes can be aligned. You can use pond liner from Home depot for gasket material.

If you want to experiment with those switchplate covers here is a good video to watch. It is from a former member here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrovCAzg_kY

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Hmmmm, how can i offset my inlet holes? I DO have holes in the middle that are already offset, could i put my inlet hole at the "middle" hole of the first plate?

Thanks for the link H20PWR, i was looking at all his videos... later on he mentions that because of the bevel around the edges i may get shorting issues.... but at this point i just want to build something that will work to prove the DryCell functionality, cased on materials i can acquire in my country.

I guess if I had only those materials to work with ... I would

Hammer the edges of the light covers so they became flat plates.

Get some EPDM, Neoprene, or rubber liner and cut out gaskets.

You can technically use the 1/4" plastic end-plates but you will need to trim the fittings you install in the end-plates so they are flush with the back.

Then drill holes in the end plates and bolt it all together.

As far as power connections I would either solder them on or cut a slit out of a corner so that a standard automotive wire connector would slip on.

GOOD LUCK!!! and enjoy your build.

OH, and get one more switch plate so you can connect it like this
    +NNNNN-NNNNN+

Sweet deal keith!... I'll get to it right away and let you know how it turns out! =D

Slow progress here.... i've got the plates all together now:

OK, you're getting there!
    What are the gaskets made of?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Unfortunately its some kind of cork/rubber gasket material, which i can imagine isn't the best to use