Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have decided to build my first DryCell

I always just mix a gallon at a time, which is 3lbs.HOH per gallon.
    I you have a battery hydrometer, you can check the electrolyte level with that. It should read (if I remember correctly) around 1.275 for 28%. It won't work properly unless it's at least 1.225. Remember, as a drycell reactor, the electrolyte concentration is nowhere near as weak as for a wetcell.
    280 grams is only .617lbs.. Get a quart of distilled water and add 340 grams. After it cools awhile, try it out. Your results should improve greatly.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Oh wait... i'm working with NaOH.... Lye.... not KoH >_< my bad....

OK, I just watched the video. Is that yours? If so, I'm confused. You said that it was set up +NNNNN-NNNNN+, the video shows -NN+NN-NN+NN-. The one in the video is putting out a sh1tload of steam, very little HHO due to hitting each cell with 4.6 volts!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Yea its mine. I changed it cuz my highly concentrated NaoH mixture was yeilding worthless results as you could see in the video prior. At this point i just wanted to see it bubble ^_^

Anyway im looking to buy some plates off of ebay, and some neoprene gasket material:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Neoprene-Rubber-...1#ht_500wt_922

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-x-6-HHo-Stainl...#ht_1928wt_905

Are there any better sources? I doubt i will be able to get any of this unless I buy a stainless steel baking pan and try to cut pieces out of it.

Jedomi, You need to keep your plates in order and study them carefully. This will tell you exactly what is happening in your reactor and will give you some good information/experience. The plates that had markings that you could not understand, where were they in the set? Number the plates starting with the first positive plate. If you can post some pictures of the plates, (both sides) I am sure you will get lots of help. In the future make sure you run your reactor long enough by that I mean at a time, one setting, many hours, to make sure you collect the right data. This leaves more defined markings on the plates and makes the picture much clearer.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I've managed to obtain some rubber i think i can make gaskets out of so i will defiantly seek to have a prolonged test of at least 4 hours at a time.

Thanks for the tips tho, much appreciated. Right now i have it rigged in my gallery which gets a fair amount of breeze flowing through, i was just concerned since they tell you never run a cell under a roof (which i was doing) so i never ran it for too long. Would I be safe in running my cell for hours in a windy part of the gallary/patio?