Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Apexi AFC's vs standard EFIE's

Hi,

I looked at the manual of the Apexi Neo and I can not find where it mentions that you can change the values ​​that are returned by the probes oxygen?

Is it really effective in this case ?

Thanks

I sent you an email in this regards.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Hi ,

Me and my questions LOL

Do you think it would be an advantage of using the Apexi and EFIE together?

Currently, do you have a base setting for the Apexi Throttle Point used with a 4 Cylinder?

Something like that

Do you think it would be an advantage of using the Apexi and EFIE together?
    I have thought of that but have not tested it. It might work but I guess it will have to do with the ECU's interpretation of what it is being allowed to see. Since you will have both it will be worth testing. It just might throw a code though. On the other hand if you get it right it should work OK and be better than just doing one or the other. That way you can use the Apexi the way it was made to be used. All I can say is try it. Just make sure you have the wiring right!! For Honda everything is available so should not be a problem. In your case you can play with valve timing too which could be a major advantage.

Currently, do you have a base setting for the Apexi Throttle Point used with a 4 Cylinder?
    No base that I have established all trial and error so far and not on 4 bangers. Richard might have some though.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Yes, some advice from Richard would be welcome ....

I think that Benjamin should also have some data ....

BYe

Can Someone make a write up on how to use an Apexi? I'm very interested because I've reached the limit using a Volo and would like to receive the full benefits of HHO. Unfortunately, there is not much on the internet about these things.

I have some questions that would be good to answer in a write up or a video or something. I think that would help people like me who want to use the Apexi but are turned away by the lack of information about using one.

How do they connect to the car?

How easy is it to tune with?

Is this like flashing the ECU or is it more similar to the volo in regards that if it's turned off, everything goes back to normal?

Jim, go to their web sight and down load the PDF instruction manuel. That has everything you will need except the fact it can control any 1-5 volt devise because it adjusts by percentage it will also control a 0 to 1 volt. It is basically a fancy MAP/MAF tool. After reading the manuel you will understand. When used to control the O2 sensors Richard might be able to help you. Send him a PM.

so is there still a need to adjust the O2 sensors? or is the Apexi all you need to use.

[QUOTE]so is there still a need to adjust the O2 sensors? or is the Apexi all you need to use./QUOTE]

Jim, I am not an expert on the Apexi and use someone that is, to program it. I do understand just enough to get myself in trouble and make some minor adjustments. There are more than one model and they have different features. The one I am using is the cheapest older model. You can control the O2 sensor or the MAP. Some have figured out how to do both but I do not understand how they have done that or if that is a fact. It might be because the devise may be able to control two map/maf as I understand. I do not have the time to go over the manuel with a fine tooth comb but suggest you might be able to figure it out. If I can understand it and just need the time then you should have a cake walk.

Hi Richard

Hey man, disregard my questions in the PM I sent you. I found this thread and it answered my question.

I can't believe it's taken this long for others to pick up on your AFC idea. That was the one MAIN idea that has stuck with me from your other thread, where everyone bashed you.

I have periodically come back to that thread to reread what you said in there, and to remember what it was called (Apexi AFC).

I'm glad to see that others are going to try this idea out! I can't wait to start building and try it myself. I've been studying this stuff ever since your old thread.....so it's been a long ass time. I've decided to start building and see what I can come up with.

I'll be sending you a PM with some questions about your setup, but I'll read through your other threads first, so my questions aren't redundant.....