Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apexi AFC's vs standard EFIE's

correct me if im wrong for calling the front MAP/MAF sensor a O2 sensor, but is this a fact if you port your HHO in front of your front MAF/MAP sensor will it sense the additional O(oxygen) coming from the HHO and tells the car to run richer because it thinks its pulling more air than fuel? isn't this why everybody stop porting their HHO in front of their front O2 sensor(MAF/MAP)?. some people will get fed up of answering old questions but i will go over and over it for the sake of the few that will learn.
    Richard Sir, it is still a MAP/MAF sensor just because you inject HHO before it does not change its NAME. The O2 sensor(s) are located in the exhaust system. You calling the MAP/MAF by a different name is just confusing for most. Look at it this way if you went to buy a MAP sensor would you ask for a O2 sensor? I wouldn't.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Richard Sir, it is still a MAP/MAF sensor just because you inject HHO before it does not change its NAME. The O2 sensor(s) are located in the exhaust system. You calling the MAP/MAF by a different name is just confusing for most. Look at it this way if you went to buy a MAP sensor would you ask for a O2 sensor? I wouldn't.
    im just pointing out that the MAF/MAP sensor os also a o2 sensor that's all. call it what you may but it is still a o2 sensor. i understand they call it a MAF sensor because it is ahead of the in take manifold and the back o2 sensor is called the EMS(exhaust manifold sensor)

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    Myold,

Yes, the MAF sensor in a sense it does detect oxygen/temp.
    so its not a o2 sensor then? its a o2 detector? LOL ok sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    so its not a o2 sensor then? its a o2 detector? LOL ok sir.
    Richard, The MAF sensor detects only air flow not oxygen. If you have a MAP then it detects Manifold pressure not oxygen. Only O2 sensors detect oxygen. I am in the business and I know this for sure.

Yes if you port in the HHO before the MAF then the volume of HHO will be part of the total equasion but it is so small that any differences will be negligable at most. Personally I would inject the HHO after the MAF but NOT under vacuum.

I have done many many tests as to production under vacuum and pressure. You actually get better production under pressure than under vacuum. Stay away from vacuum injection of HHO.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    Richard, The MAF sensor detects only air flow not oxygen. If you have a MAP then it detects Manifold pressure not oxygen. Only O2 sensors detect oxygen. I am in the business and I know this for sure.

Yes if you port in the HHO before the MAF then the volume of HHO will be part of the total equasion but it is so small that any differences will be negligable at most. Personally I would inject the HHO after the MAF but NOT under vacuum.

I have done many many tests as to production under vacuum and pressure. You actually get better production under pressure than under vacuum. Stay away from vacuum injection of HHO.

Larry
    so you are saying that koya1893 is wrong about the MAF being able to detect oxygen?

The MAF is a Mass Air Flow sensor. It detects the total volume of air going past it. It does not differentiate as to what the air is made up of. Just volume. Changing the signal from the MAF tricks the engine into thinking there is less air entering the engine than there actually is. Less air calls for less fuel. The reason it alone isn't enough is that the O2 sensor will detect a lean burn condition and add more fuel. Koya's approach is the correct one though. Porting in the HHO after the sensor keeps the extra flow away from the sensor.

That is why the most common approach is modifing the signal from both so one does not over ride the other.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

ok. so you all say it has nothing to do with oxygen and that additional oxygen wont affect it in any way? ok

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post

Larry
    Fast Freddy also used pressure from his small electrolyzer cell to feed directly to the fuel rail of his V8 engine truck. Around 45-65 psi cell pressure to the 45 psi fuel rail pressure line.

Here is his video from last summer where Freddy shows how he did it with his small cell in the back to run his V8 ICE truck just on his HHOi gas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZFle..._order&list=UL

There are other videos on youtube that also show bottled hydrogen pressurized gas going directly to the fuel rail line as the preferred way to fuel an ICE.

cheers
    Mike

i took these videos today for another forum, but look im driving at -35% to -40% at up to 50+MPH and i can go faster but the speed limit was 50MPH
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_aB2c0PaHw

and in the rain with AC,lights and wipers on. same correction -35% to -40%. i set it to richen to -35% when my RPM is over 2000
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmnOs9tC7UQ

so far from the time i installed the new reservoir with my fuel at 3/4 tank, i have gone through a 1/4 tank which is 3.3 gallons and that's gotten me 166.3. so that's 55.4MPG all city. when i first got this car and looked up the MPG rating from GM, it said 22 city, 30 highway and 24 combined. that means the highest i could ever get out of 1/4 tank of fuel is 90 miles if it was all highway. i bet if i took this on the high way i can get 66MPG or better

Quote Originally Posted by vrand View Post
    Fast Freddy also used pressure from his small electrolyzer cell to feed directly to the fuel rail of his V8 engine truck. Around 45-65 psi cell pressure to the 45 psi fuel rail pressure line.

Here is his video from last summer where Freddy shows how he did it with his small cell in the back to run his V8 ICE truck just on his HHOi gas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZFle..._order&list=UL

There are other videos on youtube that also show bottled hydrogen pressurized gas going directly to the fuel rail line as the preferred way to fuel an ICE.

cheers

Mike
    Fast Freddie has now dissapeared from Youtube. He was and is a scam artist. Even if he did make the production he claims it is still a long ways away from even idling that V8 let alone driving it.

You would at least think someone would research the amount of HHO needed to run an engine that size and lie about the actual needed volume. No reason to lie about something that would not work if it was true.

Larry