Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Apexi AFC's vs standard EFIE's

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    Fast Freddie has now dissapeared from Youtube. He was and is a scam artist. Even if he did make the production he claims it is still a long ways away from even idling that V8 let alone driving it.

You would at least think someone would research the amount of HHO needed to run an engine that size and lie about the actual needed volume. No reason to lie about something that would not work if it was true.

Larry
    Fast Freddy's design still needs to be replicated by more people, but the point I was trying to make was feeding high pressurized HHO cell gas to the pressurized fuel line vs. a low pressurized cell feeding to an engine vacuum intake line.

There are kits to inject plain straight hydrogen bottled gas fueling an engine, by injecting 45 psi of pure hydrogen gas to the petrol fuel injector rail line.
    http://americanfuelvehicles.com/H2.aspx

Richard currently is feeding his engine using a vacuum to pull out the HHO gas from his low pressure cell. What I am talking about is feeding his engine by using pressure created in the cell to pressure feed an EFI engine. Some say this is a better way to fuel an engine. There is more work to make a cell that can be pressurized but maybe it is worth it.

Sorry, I did not want to hijack this thread of Richard's by talking about the Freddy's cell.

Keep up the good work Richard!

cheers
    Mike

koya1893 said-
    Okay, as Gus mentioned in another thread I am the NEW guy as it pertains to diesel mods
    Chief! you gotta read that again- I meant you are the man for the new (electronic) diesels, I'm the "old diesel" guy, you know, no electronics...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by vrand View Post
    Fast Freddy's design still needs to be replicated by more people, but the point I was trying to make was feeding high pressurized HHO cell gas to the pressurized fuel line vs. a low pressurized cell feeding to an engine vacuum intake line.

There are kits to inject plain straight hydrogen bottled gas fueling an engine, by injecting 45 psi of pure hydrogen gas to the petrol fuel injector rail line.

Richard currently is feeding his engine using a vacuum to pull out the HHO gas from his low pressure cell. What I am talking about is feeding his engine by using pressure created in the cell to pressure feed an EFI engine. Some say this is a better way to fuel an engine. There is more work to make a cell that can be pressurized but maybe it is worth it.

Sorry, I did not want to hijack this thread of Richard's by talking about the Freddy's cell.

cheers
    Mike
    thanks for your input Mike. ill make a port in the center of my intake manifold soon and put a regulator on it to start playing with the vacuum feeding on this car and see how it response.

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    thanks for your input Mike. ill make a port in the center of my intake manifold soon and put a regulator on it to start playing with the vacuum feeding on this car and see how it response.
    If possible, also try feeding your gas to the injection fuel rail line.

This would require that you first pressurize your electrolyzer cell to 45 psi, which is the typical pressure for the car fuel injection rail. You will need to see if your cell housing can take 45 psi pressure by checking for HHO gas leaks.

Most pressurized cells are in cylindrical shaped housings, such as tubes, to equalize pressure on the housing walls.

Pressurizing of HHO/Brown's Gas electrolyzers are done with the big Brown's Gas generators on the market used for torch cutting and welding.
    http://www.eagle-research.com/browng...ne/machine.php

cheers
    Mike

If possible, also try feeding your gas to the injection fuel rail line.

This would require that you first pressurize your electrolyzer cell to 45 psi, which is the typical pressure for the car fuel injection rail. You will need to see if your cell housing can take 45 psi pressure by checking for HHO gas leaks.

Most pressurized cells are in cylindrical shaped housings, such as tubes, to equalize pressure on the housing walls.

Pressurizing of HHO/Brown's Gas electrolyzers are done with the big Brown's Gas generators on the market used for torch cutting and welding.
    http://www.eagle-research.com/browng...ne/machine.php

cheers
    Mike
    thanks but i stopped storing HHO under pressure back in 2009. i MIGHT make a cell that divide the H2 from the O2 and MAYBE store that but i know what HHO under pressure can do *BOOOOOOOOOM* and level half of a 2 story building so i stay away from it LOL but storing H2 under pressure is fine. what im doing now is see how much i can feed the vacuum without the breaks failing, then port the remaining HHO directly to the idle intake port.

im not looking to totally replace the gasoline system but ill turn off my fuel pump at air/fuel ratio that permits it and if i can run HHO after start up ill still keep the gasoline fuel system as spare fuel like a spare tire LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    thanks but i stopped storing HHO under pressure back in 2009. i MIGHT make a cell that divide the H2 from the O2 and MAYBE store that but i know what HHO under pressure can do *BOOOOOOOOOM* and level half of a 2 story building so i stay away from it LOL but storing H2 under pressure is fine. what im doing now is see how much i can feed the vacuum without the breaks failing, then port the remaining HHO directly to the idle intake port.

im not looking to totally replace the gasoline system but ill turn off my fuel pump at air/fuel ratio that permits it and if i can run HHO after start up ill still keep the gasoline fuel system as spare fuel like a spare tire LOL
    Yes, the big Brown's Gas torches/welders electrolyzer series cells are run to +60 psi. One reason for the high psi is so they have a good pressure flow of HHO/Brown's Gas flowing to the torch welding/cutting tips.

Very few, if any, small cell electrolyzers selling on the market run their cells to this high pressure levels. The few experimenters that did use a small cell design at high pressure creating on-demand gas, have reported being able to run their engines on 100% of the gas (fast freddy, zack west).

Also, very little HHO gas is actually stored in the electrolyzer cell, just the amount in the air space above the cell water line. If the cell is tall and thin (like Meyers tube cell), then an area less than a cup or two of gas is in the cell at any given moment.

cheers
    Mike

I was interested in getting back to the AFC commments of how it works and applications. Since most newer cars are using frequency MAF/MAP do they work on these? I have a 2006 Chevy HHR with the 2.2L Ecotech.
    I was not sure what would work?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffp View Post
    I was interested in getting back to the AFC commments of how it works and applications. Since most newer cars are using frequency MAF/MAP do they work on these? I have a 2006 Chevy HHR with the 2.2L Ecotech.
    I was not sure what would work?
    my car has a 2.2L EcoTec and its working just fine

GMC Suburban

this SUV have 1 MAF sensor, 1 MPA sensor and 4 o2 sensors and still have to obey me!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SvyFREXNAw

cheers
    Mike
    Hi mike

That link may come in very handy. Id like to know your thoughts on Alex's "Micronic fuel" reactor.
    Do you think the 4NH3+6N2O gas will be safely compressable?
    Do you know anybody that will try his plains. I don't know him but he seems credible
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."