Thread: Perplexed. HHO torch questions.

Perplexed. HHO torch questions.

Hello,

I'm new to HHO, and have no experience other than reading about it on the web and watching HHO videos. I seem to have several questions that I haven't found answers to yet. I'm glad to have found this forum where I could ask some direct questions of someone with practical experience.

My main interest (at this time) is to make a small torch that I could use to solder and (hopefully) braze, and possibly weld, light gauge metal.

Something that I can't understand is that all of the homemade HHO "welders" that I've seen on utube and other places, don't seem to weld. It seems that the only thing that anyone ever does is cut aluminum soda cans, heat rocks and concrete, and occasionally burn wood. I'm not interested in doing any of these things.

I've read (somewhere) that welding with HHO makes a weak weld. Is this true? I think that I've read something about taking away carbon from the metal?

Am I expecting too much to be able to solder, braze, weld, and occasionally cut thin sheet metal?

Thank you in advance for any replies. I appreciate any.

Here is some info on Browns Gas welding:

http://www.eagle-research.com/browng...ies/bnser1.php

This is not a recommendation to buy Wiseman's CD but the article is good. This will give you an idea on what can be done. I have no knowledge about any of his CD's so can not say one way or the other. There are lots of companies in other countries building commercial water torches. I am sure a Google search will get you lots of info. There are some on this forum that have built small torches and I am sure can give you some advise. I believe you need at least 3 lpm to make a small torch that you will be able to do some soldering and brazing with possibly. Ben can maybe help you here.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Myoldyourgold,

Thank you for the great link. There's a lot of good information there.

Looks like I might be able to weld cast iron and Aluminum! Two very good reasons to attempt to make a welder. Apparently regular iron and steel can't welded with HHO. I saw no mention of this on the site.

I'll probably need a much larger torch to do these things. I might start out a lot smaller just to learn.

From browsing the forum I'm already thinking that I should be constructing a dry-cell instead of a wet cell.

Thank you for the size recommendation....I didn't even know where to start with that.

Thank you again. I appreciate your help.