Thread: Warm Air Intake

Warm Air Intake

I was forward a link from a client which discuss the affect of HOD. One of the topic that was being discuss was "Warm Air Intake", I guess as warm air is induce to the engine passing through the MAF sensor, it adjust to that (deccreasing fuel).
    I am not all that familiar with the functionality of the MAF as it reacts to warm air, maybe those who are well verse on the subject can enlighten me.

I have heard a group experimenting with "Warm Air Induction" to increase fuel mileage and have great success, then again on certain cars it will kill the performance and mileage. Not really sure if it pertains to fuel injected cars or carbs.

If the MAF adjust to warm air (decreasing scheduled fuel) I can see how inducing warm air through the air box would help. I guess I have some reseraching to do.

Smile Regarding WAI...

Look up Warm Air Intake or WAI on Wikapedia,it explains it well! For a basic idea....dont know if this helps?

Quote Originally Posted by H20-HHO View Post
    Look up Warm Air Intake or WAI on Wikapedia,it explains it well! For a basic idea....dont know if this helps?
    I have, I was hoping someone in here has tried it and share their experience.

Just for sh1ts & giggles, I'm gonna try something. It seems like the idea would be to fool the ECU into thinking that the incoming air is warmer than it actually is, correct? If this is the case, I removed the IAT sensor from my intake and relocated it near the engine block behind the upper radiator hose. Yes, I blocked the original hole in the intake tube, Ben!
    I'll just wait and see if it makes any difference at all.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Lee one thing you might experience is loss of power and need to increase your HHO output. On the other hand you might already have enough going in to make up the difference. It is still going to be a balance. If you have an EIFE, that will be needed to be adjusted too I believe. I am interested in your results because, I have been doing something similar but have not got it to work in all rpm yet. When I do I will report my findings. The problem is at low vacuum you want cold air and high vacuum you want hot air. Hope I did not get that backwards. Alzheimer's is kind of hard to deal with
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Alzheimer's is kind of hard to deal with
    Tell me about it! What??? Who are you? How did you get my number?????
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Lee,

Did you feel that "brain" transfer I was doing with you? Wife and I took the Vette to "Old Town" in VA for some Greek lunch, as usual our main conversation is what I am designing in my head while I drive. I told her about the WAI intake, instead of feeding the intake warm air; I asked why not take the MAF/MAP in my case the AFR sensore and locate it close to a heat source about 140 degree. After we got home and still day light I pop the hood on the truck and extracted the sensor and fabricate a mount for it so I can clamp it the upper rad hose.

Busy week with new contracts so I probably won't get to the experiment until Friday.

Myold,

Yes, increasing HHO will probably offset what power is lose from the ECU reaction. I am going to try it with the EFIE maintaining the schedule signal of 450mv.