Thread: too much amperage??

too much amperage??

my generator is passing too much amperage and the wires are getting hot what is the easyest way to limit the amperage to it
    Daniel
    the only thing you cant do is the thing you dont want to do

my generator is passing too much amperage and the wires are getting hot what is the easyest way to limit the amperage to it
    One way is to reduce the electrolyte concentration. What electrolyte are you using? The other is a CCPWM. What gauge wire are you using and who long? Is the electrolyte heating up too? Need a lot more info to get a accurate answer. Things like a description of your reactor. Type wet or dry, number or plates, size of the plates, ports insulated or not, configuration, electrolyte concentration etc.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

i dumped out most or the electrolyte and replaced it with water and that did the trick
    its 8 6"sq s/s plates spaced 1.5mm apart and it bubbles like crazy and i control the amperage by the amount of e-lyte
    i need to put a meter on it and adjust the e-lyte till i get the proper amps reading
    i understand that 1.4vdc is optimum performance and any more is wasted energy
    so a 12vdc charge can optimally handle 8 plates maybe 9 if your talking 13.8vdc but if you under charge the plates you loose performance
    somebody correct me if i'm wrong but the data i recieved supports this theory
    Daniel

i understand that 1.4vdc is optimum performance and any more is wasted energy
    so a 12vdc charge can optimally handle 8 plates maybe 9 if your talking 13.8vdc but if you under charge the plates you loose performance
    somebody correct me if i'm wrong but the data i recieved supports this theory
    At 25 degrees celcius, for voltages of 1.23 to 1.47 V, the electrolysis reaction ABSORBS HEAT. At over 1.47 V at 25 degrees Celsius, the reaction gives off heat. This does not state that the heat generated is not helping. As temperature goes up resistance goes down in the electrolyte. It is much more complected than just running your reactor at 1.4 volts. There is an optimum spot in each reactor design where heat becomes to much and steam is generated. This depends on the thermodynamics of the whole system and in some reactors I have seen them run at 3 volts and NO steam. I am not advising going over 2 volts but that is just an observation. Many things are changing with media blasted plates and time will tell what the rules really are.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

i found this design work well with very low draw so i'm looking to tweek this one or add more to it
    every design has totally different parameters but for the amount you put in i found this one to yield the most
    Daniel