Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introduction - Me & My Spiral Project

i think you should make a dry cell with 6 neutral plates. dry cells are way better than wet cells

high HHO output for little current usage. look at the power supply im using and look at the size of the wires LOL they are not even connected properly(just twisted on) LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnDjx2dWrM

You did a great job.

What a large boiler you have for being feedbacking cells.

As per the computer's power supply, you are not draining more than 12 amps, but can you measure it and post it? What is your LPM output rate at that amps? How much gas will you get reaching the band of 20amps?

How much does your cell weights? Do you plan to place it on a car?

Sorry for being so curious...

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    i think you should make a dry cell with 6 neutral plates. dry cells are way better than wet cells

high HHO output for little current usage. look at the power supply im using and look at the size of the wires LOL they are not even connected properly(just twisted on) LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnDjx2dWrM

Quote Originally Posted by hhoconnection View Post
    Again, forget wires, it's about surface area. The more surface area, the more amperage you can throw at it and hence, more gas. Forget about steel wool because you need to be able to have a very precise gap between your plates and that cannot be done with steel wool.

You really need to do more research, trust me you will be making a dry cell in no time.
    Ok, I left the marine wire coil on a side, as you suggested, and started to "un-follow" you advice of steel wool.

I unfollowed your advice but improved a bit my approach, as you've suggested, improving the weakest point of the ss wool, which is the precise spacing.

What doy you thing about enclose the ss wool in ss mesh, with 0.246mm of inter-leave (for making the ss mesh porous) building a cushion stuffed with ss wool, and placing pvc mesh between cushions (see garden's pvc, or anti-rabitt meshes for trees)?

I mean, place the following on a stack, and wrap it building a cushion:

A.- PVC mesh, around 1mm clean space between squares, 0.2mm of thread thickness (this will be the "precise" gap between cushions)
    B.- Stainless Steel Mesh, 0.246mm space between squares, 0.140mm of thread.
    C.- Stainless steel wool, 0.03 thread, crafted using branded technology for avoiding cracking. Approximatelly 0,7KG of SS wool
    Another B. (actually the other side of the wrapping)
    Another A. (actually the other side of the wrapping)

As per my calculations, 6 of those cushions will produce same LPM as 40-plates dry cell, weighting significantly less (maybe I am running short on my calculations). Ok, ok... this is not a dry cell, this is a wet cell...

I assume there will be heat. I will fight it using heat shrinks, pumps, heat exchanger and radiator. That will keep the water on an acceptable temp. Maybe any circuit for activating the pumps by temperature threshold... but it's a tricky thing to deal with KOH...

I guess you are just going to have to give it a try. Good Luck!

Hello, very nice to meet you. The Forum is the first time I touch, I hope to know more friends here, and his own eye-opener. Hope to get your help. Thank you very much! ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by iPkti View Post
    Ok, I left the marine wire coil on a side, as you suggested, and started to "un-follow" you advice of steel wool.

I unfollowed your advice but improved a bit my approach, as you've suggested, improving the weakest point of the ss wool, which is the precise spacing.

What doy you thing about enclose the ss wool in ss mesh, with 0.246mm of inter-leave (for making the ss mesh porous) building a cushion stuffed with ss wool, and placing pvc mesh between cushions (see garden's pvc, or anti-rabitt meshes for trees)?

I mean, place the following on a stack, and wrap it building a cushion:

A.- PVC mesh, around 1mm clean space between squares, 0.2mm of thread thickness (this will be the "precise" gap between cushions)
    B.- Stainless Steel Mesh, 0.246mm space between squares, 0.140mm of thread.
    C.- Stainless steel wool, 0.03 thread, crafted using branded technology for avoiding cracking. Approximatelly 0,7KG of SS wool
    Another B. (actually the other side of the wrapping)
    Another A. (actually the other side of the wrapping)

As per my calculations, 6 of those cushions will produce same LPM as 40-plates dry cell, weighting significantly less (maybe I am running short on my calculations). Ok, ok... this is not a dry cell, this is a wet cell...

I assume there will be heat. I will fight it using heat shrinks, pumps, heat exchanger and radiator. That will keep the water on an acceptable temp. Maybe any circuit for activating the pumps by temperature threshold... but it's a tricky thing to deal with KOH...
    Sorry to tell you this but you are fighting a loosing battle with this set up. With ANY wet bath cell you will NEVER EVER exceed 3 MMW. It does not matter what set up you try. You just can't escape the losses from current leakage. Any and I mean any reason to have to cool your device is a telltale sign of wasted electricity. It takes gasoline in your car to make that electricity negating your gains.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    Sorry to tell you this but you are fighting a loosing battle with this set up. With ANY wet bath cell you will NEVER EVER exceed 3 MMW. It does not matter what set up you try. You just can't escape the losses from current leakage. Any and I mean any reason to have to cool your device is a telltale sign of wasted electricity. It takes gasoline in your car to make that electricity negating your gains.

Larry
    Thank you VERY much Larry for your comment. I appreciate it.

As the wool I am about to use has been processed and it is not a regular SS Wool, I will reduce the current leakage dramatically, compared to regular wool. It will be a processed wool in a way that can ensure a known density and electrons will find virtually thread barriers everywhere they try to go, plus there will be a mesh covering everything.

Nevertheless, I will like to face the error by myself, but I expect the oposite, going to the band of 5MMW instead of 3MMW. On the other hand, this cell might be too big for a car and maybe it might be more suitable for other applications.

I guess the gap between electrodes will be too small, and maybe I should increase the gap.

On the other hand I have in mind some additional ideas for the project for cooling down the electrolyte that might work pretty well, consuming just less than 1A in total. An small "investment" to make to keep the electrolyte at the correct production pont.

Do you have any documentation about using wool you can share? All developments I have found so far deals about wires and plates...

I will like to keep you posted. I appreciate your comment, seriously

Thanks!!