Thread: here's the theory

here's the theory

to pass electricity from one anode to another causing the electrons to separate the hydrogen from the oxygen so if you put several plates in succession this will be achieved up to a certain point.
    that point being 1.4vdc optimally per plate
    if you space them closer together it requires less amperage and space to achieve this and very little e-lyte and i found that over charging the plates gets them hot which causes water vapor loss and e-lyte to be carried from the cell and causes an imbalance in the cell we used a gas chromatic analizer to measure the different gasses and the amounts of each at the given settings and found this to be the optimal performance for the amount of energy consumed

we.ve used several different types of cells and adjusted the voltage and amperage to come up with this formula and if your boiling the water your loosing about 30% efficiency so temperature is a critical factor and heat means energy loss
    if you have data that disputes this finding i'd love to see it not just hear about it

now i'm passing 13.8 volts across my 8 plates 6"sq and getting 1.6 -1.8vdc per plate less than 10amps draw and getting an incredible amount of bubbles(.5 lpm) and no water vapor or steam so i think you guys should reevaluate your massive amperage drawing cells because your simply overdriving them and wasting energy not getting any more production if we increase the e-lyte to achieve a 20amp draw we start getting water vapor
    Daniel
    the only thing you cant do is the thing you dont want to do

Hey Dan,
    Welcome to the forum. Interesting way of introducing yourself.
    You are running a small reactor and your lpm is roughly half of what it can be for 10 amps. You might not want to get overly caught up in what the text books say. .5lpm @ 10A leaves significant room for improvement...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i'm not running at 10amps i'm below that and my meter doesnt read that low effectively so i know when i get a better gauge on it i can fine tune the e-lyte
    i'd like to see 15amps but like i said at 20 amps we started seeing water vapor on the graph so there's a fine line and the water vapor was acidic (trace amounts of hydro??? acid )
    Daniel
    the only thing you cant do is the thing you dont want to do

Acidic vapor? what electrolyte? Also, keep in mind that pretty much everyone knows to not let the reactor get hot enough to boil electrolyte, but there is plenty of documentation that efficiency rises with electrolyte temperature up to a certain point... Don't remember the exact number, but seems that I recall it was somewhere around 120-130F... One last thing- a lot of the units that you are seeing the big amps on are physically larger, and there is a bit of an efficiency gain with more plate area, especially with unipolar reactors since they seem to do well at low current densities...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]