Thread: HHO Generator with Honda civic Si 2004 ?

Question HHO Generator with Honda civic Si 2004 ?

Hi,

I'm new to your forum so hello to everyone :-)

First, excuse my poor english, I'm french Canadian. Happily, Google translator is my friend

Let's go

I plan to buy a HHO generator or to make it myself. I'm still undecided about it. My car is a 2004 Honda Civic Si Sedan (4 door) with a 1.7 liter engine V-TEC. My engine has 2 oxygen sensors. 1 is a wide band sensor and is upstream of the catalytic converter and 1 is a narrow band sensor located downstream.

I read on some forums that Honda cars are those with which it was difficult to adjust the ECU and that people had poor fuel economy improvements with this car brand...

I want to know, based on your experiences, if I should buy:

- Wideband Dual EFIE
    - Volo chips FS2 HHO Edition

All your suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance
    Rémi

to re-tune your ECU use a Apexi VAFC2 specially made for Vtec engines like yours. as for the cell i think you should build your own just to ensure you are getting the real thing. make a 6"x6" 29 plates dry cell with 6 neutral plates per stack like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnDjx2dWrM

BTW you said you have a Si nice. if you are the racing type with the VAFC2 you can not only control your air to fuel ratio but also control your Vtec. eg. make your Vtec kick in faster like at 3000RPM with added correction at Vtec engage and disengage.

read up on the VAFC2 here http://www.apexi-usa.com/content/pdf6132.pdf
    and wiring diagram here http://www.apexi-usa.com/content/pdf6133.pdf

have fun and happy tuning

@ultra effiicient

I watched your youtube videos and it seems that your generator has an excellent performance. Could you elaborate on your dry-cell?

Material type and thickness of the plates?
    Material type and thickness of the gaskets?
    Electrolyte type?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
    @ultra effiicient

I watched your youtube videos and it seems that your generator has an excellent performance. Could you elaborate on your dry-cell?

Material type and thickness of the plates?
    Material type and thickness of the gaskets?
    Electrolyte type?

Thank you
    plates - 316L stainless steel, 20 gauge neutrals, 18 gauge connecting plates, 6"x6" with 3/8" holes sealed with weld-on #16 to 1.4". left to dry for 25 hours

gasket - neoprene 1/16" thick gaskets, 6"x6", 1/2" wide border.

electrolyte - NaOH aka Lye aka Sodium hydroxide.
    all nuts,bolts and washers are stainless steel.

the sides are 1/2" thick abrasive acrylic

i did something and i thing it help the efficiency. i notice the stainless steel sheets have a different finish on each side, one side is way shiner than the other so i arranged all the plates so that the shiner side is positive(the oxygen side) and the less shiner side to be the negative side(the hydrogen side). in my opinion it helps but you can do as you feel.