Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using pH meter to adjust electrolyte mix?

Guys lets clear this up a little. Yes you can use an expensive (a relative term)PH (pH is the negative logarithm of the Hydrogen ion activity) meter. Here is one that sells for $910.00 Us but why when you can get a hydrometer for $6.00.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

A PH meter would work for a VERY small amount of KOH. You would see your PH rise then hit a plateau rather quickly and it would not rise much beyond that. The problem is that would probably happen below 1% by weight.

So hydrometer measuring SG would be much more useful. A refractometer is a more accurate version of hydrometer to measure SG. Really a $6 hydrometer is a good tool to have and much more useful than a PH meter
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

myoldyourgold
    That's awesome!!!
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Keith,
    He asked about meters, not litmus paper. It may be erroneous to equate the measurement range and/or accuracy of litmus paper to that of an expensive lab grade piece of equipment.
    I agree, but I was thinking in terms of what most people can afford.

...as obviously I was not. Seems the point may be moot anyway, as the ability of pH meters to measure alkalinity sounds like it runs up against a wall not far from home base
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]