Thread: .01 tube spacing...

.01 tube spacing...

well i machined up some 304 tubes 7.5 inches long, one is 1.0 inch in diameter, the i.d is 900, the 2nd tube inside it is .875 with a .775 i.d, and the next tube is .75 with an i.d of .65. I conected two with a 303 screw, and left the other sticking .5 out the bottom. I then indicated each tube inside of each other within .001, using 6 plastic set screws on each side(it took a long time...) after i indicated the tube in inside i would check resistance to make sure there wasn't a short. then turn off the remainder of the plastic screw sticking up, then repeat for the next tube.

Any way, the amount of hydrogen it produces is amazing. and i would say its almost short circuiting across when in the water, but no connection at all when not , i would assume resistance is very low, and i am drawing 13 amps. If i force water through the tubes with a 12 volt water pump, amps go off the charts or past my amp meter. I noticed something strange. i was playing around and ran the power through my tube into a transformer then to the negative on the battery, i heard the transformer working i know that a transformer does not work on dc current. so im curious to why this is happening i show 3v ac coming from the tube, and 10v on the other side of the step up transformer. i was wondering if anyone had experienced this. I ordered a oscilloscope today, should be in next week. just wanted to check out others thoughts. i have 5 sets of tubes im going to connect together here soon.

im using straight tap water. also

well damn, turns out it was the battery charger, must be letting some ac current through.

that sounds right

devide the total vdc by the # of anodes and you should be no less than 1.4vdc
    Daniel
    the only thing you cant do is the thing you dont want to do

Quote Originally Posted by MachinistGabe View Post
    well damn, turns out it was the battery charger, must be letting some ac current through.
    Yes all battery chargers have some ac ripple. But since the cell acts like a battery anyway it is not that big of a deal.