Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unipolar Pos & Neg Reservoirs

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Mike, when done right in a pure unipolar setup like Gus's there is no active bipolar plates. As far as how a bipolar plates changes polarity is quite simple. Current must get to the plate through the electrolyte (not a connected wire) then go through the plate and through electrolyte again to another plate. When it doses this it has one side positive and the other side negative. Gus can explain exactly how the unipolar works. Lots of things have changed since this thread. Read some of the newer threads.
    Well yes, I understand why the bipolar plates changes their polarity but I can not understand the matter of having more than one reservoir, it has to be with current leakage but I can't get it, I'm supposing that the current travels trough the hoses and the reservoir, is that? because I understand current leakage like the current traveling by paths that are longer than the ones between the plates

You will find if your measure the voltage in the reservoir that it will be close to the same voltage as is between each plate. Put one probe in the electrolyte and the other to ground and read the voltage. Regardless how you separate the reservoirs this is the case. Based on that there has to be some leakage just a lot less than in a single reservoir. Unless you are pumping a lot of electrolyte out with your HHO you will have very little actual current leakage. Try and keep the HHO coming out of your reactor to be as dry as possible. Just bubbles is the best. It also makes a difference how far away your reservoir is. The further away the less current leakage there will be. It always takes the path of least resistance and this is the biggest advantage of the unipolar setup because all the plates are hard wired and the current does not have go trough the plates but travels on the path of least resistance which when the plates are prepped properly is on the surface.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .