Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uni Polar Cell well under way

Bubbler Pics
    3" ID Acrylic
    3/4" UHMW end Bells
    3/8" Dip Tube with 3/4" Diffuser on bottom.

Bio you are correct in that I did not sandblast the plates. I was in a hurry to dry fit the cells because every other day I find missing hardware and other requirements. Today was the mention of current leakage and media blasting. When I viewed Larry's you tube he tapes the gasket surfaces before media blasting. This looks tedious and time consuming. As well as media blasting alone seems like hours of work. I am definately considering media blasting but still trying to get a functional system with resovoir fittings and bubbler etc. My intent is to disassemble and media blasting on my next available weekend. For the interim I want to get everything up and running. THese cells and systems are not easy to just jump into. Lots of money, time and patients. Also like a treasure hunt finding all of the components such as fittings, gaskets, electronics, etc etc.
    VIN 1GTHK33F0RJ737771
    1994 K3500 crew cab 4x4 non- dually
    Walt's Air Filter Upgrade
    4" Turbo Back Exaust
    No Muffler no Cat
    Homemade Boost Controller
    Boost Gauge, EGT Gauge, Trans Temp
    B&M Transmission Aluminum Pan
    Remote PMD with #9
    Marine Injectors
    Aftermarket cylinder heads
    Walt's cooling upgrade w/Duramax fan and clutch.
    199,000 miles
    BF Goodrich A/T's. 265/75-R16

Reading, Pennsylvania

The place by me media blasts plates those size for a dollar each. So I would call around, I am sure you can find a local shop that can do it for you, less cost and headache. Just make sure they blast the plates with a small enough grit so that it doesn't end up warping the plates.

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Not to steal away from Baz's thread, but Gus, why are you mentioning me? Looking for a scapegoat when something happens??????

As far as media-blasting goes, it seems to be more of a necessity nowadays. I actually just bought a blaster and 44lbs. of #70 Aluminum Oxide this afternoon.This is, of course, all Larry's fault. Every time I think I'm all set, the S.O.B. comes up with another idea or discovery that costs me money!
    Think I'll go back to Mason jars............
    WTF Lee, Me giving you ideas cost me so much money that I need to take anxioty medicine just to maintain sanity. Next is passivation. You are correct that media blasting is a necessity. It's just not worth the effort to skip that step and it has taken me 2 years to convince everyone except KOYA. **** I just ran out of Xanox.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

LOL Larry. I'll send you some Hydrocodone.
    I hope to have time today to start blasting some plates. For the passivation, have you found which way is better yet? Electrical or just soaking I mean.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    LOL Larry. I'll send you some Hydrocodone.
    I hope to have time today to start blasting some plates. For the passivation, have you found which way is better yet? Electrical or just soaking I mean.
    Lee, I am going to stick with just regular passivation. Electro-Passivation seems to erode too much when looked at under a microscope. Regular passivation is so simple. 10% Citric Acid and 160 degree hot distilled water for an hour or so. The plates come out nice.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Thanks Larry. I kinda thought that would be the way to go. I appreciate it!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Now i need educated again. What is pasivation? I assume it is some kind of plate etching/conditioning after media blasting?
    VIN 1GTHK33F0RJ737771
    1994 K3500 crew cab 4x4 non- dually
    Walt's Air Filter Upgrade
    4" Turbo Back Exaust
    No Muffler no Cat
    Homemade Boost Controller
    Boost Gauge, EGT Gauge, Trans Temp
    B&M Transmission Aluminum Pan
    Remote PMD with #9
    Marine Injectors
    Aftermarket cylinder heads
    Walt's cooling upgrade w/Duramax fan and clutch.
    199,000 miles
    BF Goodrich A/T's. 265/75-R16

Reading, Pennsylvania

nice

nice job. looks very nice. cant wait to get the numbers