Thread: HELP!! Electronics Needed?

HELP!! Electronics Needed?

I have a 97 5.7L van. I have the generators and all the plumbing. The part I need to know about is the electronics to make it the most efficient. Is there a how to on how to wire everything?

Also I want to tap into the ignition for the generators to turn on and off.

Thank you for your help.
    1997 GMC Savana 1500 5.7L (130,000 miles)

i have done a GMC 5.7L V8 too, i didnt need a PWM if thats what you are asking about. as for tuning i always use a VAFC1, its the most cost effective and it got the job done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SvyF...0&feature=plcp

How many LPM do you put in? and also how many MPG do you get with the HHO?

5LPM at idle and about 7LPM above idle. before HHO and re-tuning it was 10 or 12 MPG, after HHO and re-tuning its now 38MPG

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    5LPM at idle and about 7LPM above idle. before HHO and re-tuning it was 10 or 12 MPG, after HHO and re-tuning its now 38MPG
    Thanks so much for the information. But can you point me to where you setup the HHO, and did the tuning? I need a how to guide. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tcr1016 View Post
    Thanks so much for the information. But can you point me to where you setup the HHO, and did the tuning? I need a how to guide. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    i google all the info then do it myself. first step is to get yourself a Apexi AFC of some sort, i use a VAFC1. next get your ECU/ECM pinout, then install your AFC then you are ready to play with your tuning until you find the power you need for the saving back on gasoline then use HHO to aid the lean burn and to lower your EGT back to normal or even lower. its all about tuning

Thanks for much for the help!

Will HHO make the engine last longer or shorten the life? It has 150K on it now and I want it to last. Also I will be towing a boat, so will this make a difference?