Thread: HHO Suggestion for 2002 Avalanche 5.3

HHO Suggestion for 2002 Avalanche 5.3

I have been reading so much that my head is spinning.

Questions I have.

1. What is a realistic gas savings to expact in percentage? (if any)

2. EFIE or FS2-HHO ?

I have to different places that I may purchase from, a cost difference of $100 for vitually the same product.

any advice is much appreciated,

Thanks,

I find myself hesitant in replying to this post, but I will share what I've been experiencing with my new cell. With well built dry cell (3"X11") configured +NNNNN-, run two stack with weld on as the voltage leakage preventive, use a digital quad EFIE, tall bubbler like Myold runs with and 2lbs. of NaOH per 1 gl of distilled water. you can see 20-25% city.

Your 5.3 will require at least 2.5lpm closed to 3lpm is even better. I ran 750 miles test on this new cell, in and around city driving at 35-45mph stop and go traffic my F-150 with 5.4 liter engine logged 19.8mpg average. Unfortunately highway with the way I had the AFR and the post cat O2, highway gain was just abit more. I am not worry since I drive this truck as a daily driver.

Post the link where you are getting the cell from, 9 out of 10 we've seen it and it probably will not produce the gas it is advertising. There is very little out from a vendor the forum member has not seen, especially the mentors. Do your research in the forum and get hard core data before you buy or start to build your system.

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    I find myself hesitant in replying to this post, but I will share what I've been experiencing with my new cell. With well built dry cell (3"X11") configured +NNNNN-, run two stack with weld on as the voltage leakage preventive, use a digital quad EFIE, tall bubbler like Myold runs with and 2lbs. of NaOH per 1 gl of distilled water. you can see 20-25% city.

Your 5.3 will require at least 2.5lpm closed to 3lpm is even better. I ran 750 miles test on this new cell, in and around city driving at 35-45mph stop and go traffic my F-150 with 5.4 liter engine logged 19.8mpg average. Unfortunately highway with the way I had the AFR and the post cat O2, highway gain was just abit more. I am not worry since I drive this truck as a daily driver.

Post the link where you are getting the cell from, 9 out of 10 we've seen it and it probably will not produce the gas it is advertising. There is very little out from a vendor the forum member has not seen, especially the mentors. Do your research in the forum and get hard core data before you buy or start to build your system.
    Thanks for the post, I was told to only expect 15% or so improvement, really hoping for more. Here what I am looking at on Ebay with the alternate to an EFIE

http://cgi.ebay.com/DELUXE-HHO-DRY-C...item231030c9d4

my second option was from HHO2U. The double 11 Plate system or the 21 plate. Euther one I still need to purchase EFIE and PWM. Price is nearly the same.
    http://www.hho2u.com/COMPLETE_DRY_CELL_Kit.html

I am pretty bias with the equalizing holes being staggared and with some form of voltage leakage prevention. Ask these questions:

How big are the holes?
    Are they staggared?
    At what % is the solution mixed?
    How many bipolar plates per stack?

I did not see a "bubbler" with the kit, I did see a plus, the flash back arrestor with the kit, if that cell is well built a PWM is not required, you should be able to run a cell brute force without the fear of thermo runaway. With the holes lined up as they are in the photo you will run hot in short amount of time running the cell. Also, with the holes aligned as they are, it will consumed a lot of amps.

The bubbler and reservior must be seperate in order for the system be efficient, that's my bias part. The Volo chip that comes with it works great if you have a Bimmer but not for mpg gain (I've tested them without any result to back them up). Your GM ECU should respond well with an EFIE, by the mv initial setting and fine tuning for better gain.
    http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/digital-narrowband-series

The EFIE in the link above should work well for you, follow the instruction for the initial setting (250mv for the post cat O2 and 350mv for the pre-cat O2)

The design for the second link is old and will not produce what it is being claimed for the amount of active surface area.

You should not hesitate with responses, your knowledge of the system is far greater than us newbies. I have forwarded your questions to the seller on Ebay.
    What size should the holes be? I have seen various sizes in other systems.

Seller never responded to questions. I am at a standstill now. Any recommendations on where to buy a system or my truck?

Quote Originally Posted by DJLapri View Post
    Seller never responded to questions. I am at a standstill now. Any recommendations on where to buy a system or my truck?
    That's usually the case when a customer is asking some valid questions and the builder does not have the answers to them or they know you've been doing some research and you are not one of the "blind customer" they can scammed on. I sent you a PM. I built a system for an Escalade, but I could not get him to send my any photow where it was installed.

But I am sure you can install a unit just below the rad and run a remote filler for the reservior it done correctly, a similar system I designed for a Navigator.