Thread: Help! Loosing power!

Help! Loosing power!

i am going to take a car 12 vbattery hook that to a inverter (dc-ac) then to a transformer so i can get 115v then use a rectifier (turn the ac back to dc) while turning it back to dc will i lose my voltage gain? Then im hooking that to my HHO

voltage is mearly difference of potential,,, of if you look at it as if it were water in a pipe it would be the pressure. its current your looking for in brute force electrolysis, you can raise voltage all you want but your doing it at the expence of current (AMPS) Ohms law is a real *****

Quote Originally Posted by HydroConversions View Post
    i am going to take a car 12 vbattery hook that to a inverter (dc-ac) then to a transformer so i can get 115v then use a rectifier (turn the ac back to dc) while turning it back to dc will i lose my voltage gain? Then im hooking that to my HHO
    No, you're not going to loose voltage, you just bumped it up ~102v with the inverter, and when you rectify it you'll gain a couple more volts.... At the expense of some amperage. So what exactly do you have in mind for ~120v DC? Do tell, we're all ears (eyes actually).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    No, you're not going to loose voltage, you just bumped it up ~102v with the inverter, and when you rectify it you'll gain a couple more volts.... At the expense of some amperage. So what exactly do you have in mind for ~120v DC? Do tell, we're all ears (eyes actually).
    I do not see any sense in inverting voltages from LOW DC to HIGH AC and then rectifying it again back to DC. Every energy conversion costs you. You lose your energy power at every conversion. Good example is currency exchange. Every time you exchange you lose the initial worth of what you have and if you continue so you will be left with ZERO power.

Final goal is to disrtibute around 1.7 - 2.3 VDC to each plate with appropriate amperage draw that is measured in final Watt figure.

Example:

1. Straight 13.6VDC @ 50A will convert to 680W of power drawn whereas part of it will dissipate as heat (lost energy) @ (1) electrical connections, (2) any wires not rated for such a load, and (3) finally in the HHO reactor where the biggest power loss is @ current leak. Ideal setup will yield as my as 95% efficient power efficiency.

2. Inverted 13.6VDC @ 50A will convert to 110AC @ 6.18A and them rectified to 110VDC @ <6.18A. Same 680 Watts and even less. In this step you are adding TWO more power waste conversions.

With low VDC you can use bipolar or unipolar setup starting with as minimum as 6 plates, have low safe voltage to work with.
    Low cost BWT need to pay attention to wire gauge and connections quality.

With high AC you can use only bipolar setup with a minimum number of about 60 plates. Dangerous voltage to work with and to bulky. Added cost for LOW DC to HIGH DC conversion.
    High cost BWT the only benefit I see is low gauge wiring needed past AC to DC rectifier bridge and handy use of LATer (Laberatory Auto Transformer) to control AMPs draw.

P.S. Don't get offended but we Russians say: "If a dog has nothing else to do its leaking its c0cks."
    VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers
    CHEMICAL RESISTANCE GUIDE FOR PLASTIC AND METAL VALVES AND FITTINGS