Thread: New Project

New Project

I have all the parts: gasket, spacers and the plates for my new dry cell wihtout any holes. The only thing I dislike about it is, it only has 5 plates configured like this. -N+N-

So, what can I expect to experience with this config without any holes, NaOH mixed, 1lb. per 1 gl. water.

Well if you apply 4 volts you can expect very good things if you apply 12 volts or more you can expect coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    I have all the parts: gasket, spacers and the plates for my new dry cell wihtout any holes. The only thing I dislike about it is, it only has 5 plates configured like this. -N+N-

So, what can I expect to experience with this config without any holes, NaOH mixed, 1lb. per 1 gl. water.
    I did a similar experiment and my battery posts got red hot from the amp draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhart View Post
    I did a similar experiment and my battery posts got red hot from the amp draw.
    At what mixture solution did you use? When I first started playing with this process and reverse engineering several cell on the market, those configured in similar fashion only require a Tablespoon of KOH per qt of water. It will be several weeks before I have the time to get this cell wet. My plan is to start with one tablespoon of NaOH per qt of water.

Koya Sir, It is very doable I have been working on a small reactor for motorcycles and small diesel refrigeration units for some time and I need to have one tested. You can get it to work -n+n- but it is not very inefficient, just by limiting the electrolyte concentration. PM me by the end of the week and I should have something very interesting for you to use. Include in the PM how many watts you have to play with and how much HHO do you want to make.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Koya Sir, It is very doable I have been working on a small reactor for motorcycles and small diesel refrigeration units for some time and I need to have one tested. You can get it to work -n+n- but it is not very inefficient, just by limiting the electrolyte concentration. PM me by the end of the week and I should have something very interesting for you to use. Include in the PM how many watts you have to play with and how much HHO do you want to make.
    MyOld,
    I am not specifically trying to produce a certain amount, I would like to try to build another dry cell witout any holes. But what I will be using the same HDPE I use as the end plate (3/8) as the spacer to incorporate the fitting for the supply tube and the gas exit tube. Hence by the time I configure the cell with my standard -NNNNN+NNNNN- it is going to very thick and probably have problem locating a spot in the Town Car or the Infiniti.

What about getting one of those 12v dc to 4.5v dc converters? I think they run up to 30 amps on the 4v side.

I to am thinking about building a no holes with a 10mm gap between plates. the plates would be .4mm or .6mm gauge to lower resistance.

How many N plates would I need for a no holes 10mm gap setup?