Thread: 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Please Help!!

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Please Help!!

Basically i'm just looking to see if anyone has hooked up a system to this vehicle or this particular engine (2.5i) or has any knowledge about it. Any information would greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

You can hooked up an HOD to any car, the problem with most is the available space where to install everything required to have an efficient system. So far, I've been lucky in engineering every system to fit the specific car it is being installed on. The latest was a 1998 Infiniti manage to get the cell and the bubler in front of the Rad and reservoir in the engine bay. If you can find a place for a reservoir the same size as your windshield washer and big enough space for 12" 4" X 6" board, then you have it made. the electronics part, actually combating the ECU is the big issue, not every car is the same. For example, I installed a system on a F-150 identical to my truck and started with the same setting on the EFIE's, it did not respond well, the CEL came on and have to re-adjust totally different setting than my truck to see any gain.

Having patient is the key when it comes to the ECU and EFIEs.

Well koya thank you for your response. So how would (or how do) you start off with the settings on an EFIE device? How do you know what is the right setting when using an EFIE device? Do you have to use a voltmeter? I was looking in the bay and the fuel cells will fit nicely in front of the radiator. Also how do you figure out the size of the fuel cell needed for the car? Thank you.

If you have room in front of your rad, that's the ideal place. The air flow will help keep it cool. As far, as the EFIE. Yes you will need a good digital meter to read out the voltage signal for the signal wires to verify before you cut the wire. Most manufacturers at times will use the same color wire for something else. Having a good wiring diagram will help as well.

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/wide-band-efie-series

Look in this site for more details. As I mentioned you probably have a wide band (AFR senfor) for the front and a narrow band for the rear. The recommended initial setting for the wide band is ( 9 O' Clok and 200mv for the rear) with this setting you need to drive your car a full tank or even more for the ECU to accept the new readings it is getting from the O2 sensors.

Then take note of you mileages gain, if you see gain you can push the setting further (see instruction in that site) until you don't see anymore gain.