Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Much HHO?

shaketheroom Guest

How Much HHO?

How much HHO gas can be added to a gas engine? Is there a formula per liter? Can you inject to much? Is there a ratio of HHO and gas that works best.

Or is this just a big crap shoot of trial and error?

I'm wanting to put a system of series of cells on my truck 6.0 liter. I can't take the 10-11 mpg @$4+ per gallon.

Any imput would be great, Thanks

MIKE

Maybe we could start a thread what works, Liters per hour on what size engine or something similar.

grimr27 Guest

youtube

hey im finding alote of good vidoes of hho on youtube. from what i have seen it takes 5lpm to run a 2hp lawn mower at idle on 100% hho and 1lpm to run a cutting torch. im not good with math but if you figure out how meny lpm you need to run your truck. im guessing a 6.0liter truck is around 300hp so ill say 750lpm to idel your truck. wow that seems crazy most cells i have seen make about 1.0 to 1.5lpm so you would have to fill the bed of your truck with cells. then some room for batterys. :P just to make it idle.

shaketheroom Guest
    I'm not looking on running on HHO alone at this time. But would like to get a feel for the amount of HHO w/ gas for best results. I haven't found anywhere, a rule of thumb or ratio on what works best, how much is too much, or a sweet spot to shoot for.

Gas

Actually it wouldnt take that much to run your truck. If you heat the gas before injecting it into your manafold it would take substancially less as the HHO expands when its heated. Also, I would imagine that your truck is way more efficient than the lawn mower.

realitycheque Guest

Car Battery

Can you use a car battery as a generator?

Car battery

U could yes, but the lead plates inside the battery wouldnt last very long.

realitycheque Guest

What happens to the O2?

OK so what happens to the O2 when you separate it from the hydrogen? Would it not make more sense to burn the O2? Or am I missing something? I could be totally overlooking the obvious...

realitycheque Guest

generator schematics

Where can I find decent schematics on how to build a generator?

O2

When you split the water it breaks down to HHO gas. Both the hydrogen and oxygen are then injected into your intake. There are several schematics online that you can view, there is a link in these forums someplace that has a very good tutorial. Its actually very simple to build a system.

realitycheque Guest

Thank you

Ok that makes sense. So it's a combination of hydrogen and oxygen. IM me if you get a chance, I have a lot of questions and I hope that someone can help me answer them. I will look around for that schematic. Thanks again.