Thread: maf + efie on suzuki?

maf + efie ?

I have a 2007 suzuki grand vitara with the 2.7l v6

So far, I have installed an HHO generator and a volo chip. Absolutely 0 mpg gains, maybe even a little loss. Very frustrating.

From reading around, it looks like I have to install an efie before I am going to see any gains.
    I ordered :
    http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/map-maf...e-map-enhancer
    and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HHO-D...Q5fAccessories

my questions are:
    1 - why am I showing absolutely 0 mpg gains with HHO and the volo? Shouldnt I see something?
    2 - should I use both the maf and the efie? should one be instlled and tuned before installing the other.

3 - on the efie install instructions it says to look for the signal cable by testing for the one that puts out about .5 v. if I unplug the o2 sensor, should that .5v come from the o2 sensor end or from the engine?

thank you all for your help

Quote Originally Posted by icistech View Post
    I have a 2007 suzuki grand vitara with the 2.7l v6

So far, I have installed an HHO generator and a volo chip. Absolutely 0 mpg gains, maybe even a little loss. Very frustrating.

From reading around, it looks like I have to install an efie before I am going to see any gains.
    I ordered :
    http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/map-maf...e-map-enhancer
    and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HHO-D...Q5fAccessories

my questions are:
    1 - why am I showing absolutely 0 mpg gains with HHO and the volo? Shouldnt I see something?
    2 - should I use both the maf and the efie? should one be instlled and tuned before installing the other.

3 - on the efie install instructions it says to look for the signal cable by testing for the one that puts out about .5 v. if I unplug the o2 sensor, should that .5v come from the o2 sensor end or from the engine?

thank you all for your help
    First identify if you have a wide band O2 or narrow. then get the wiring diagram for your bike O2 system, if you can identify the signal wire without any problem you don't need to test, but it is advicable to do so to make sure you have the correct wire. As far, as testing, you test the signal wire while the bike is running and after it is warn. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE WIRE TO TEST.
    How many O2 do you have on the bike? I have one each cylinder on my 07 Harley. If you installed any after market intake and exhaust, it will make a difference on your initial setting, bucause they were meant to lean the system out so the system will dump more fuel in. You don't want to do that.
    I am not familiar with many bikes specially those, can you post photos where you are going to install the cell and the size of the reservoir.

sorry if I was unclear, a suzuki grand vitara is a small suv not a bike

I found the front o2 sensors and they have 4 wires. 2 black 1 blue and 1 white

http://www.partstrain.com/ShopByDepa...ND_VITARA/2007

also, any input on my other questions:

First off, What kind of HHO cell is installed? That could make a big difference. Many are so inefficient that in my opinion can't possibly help.

Second. I have seen very mixed reports on the Volo chip. More bad than good.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    First off, What kind of HHO cell is installed? That could make a big difference. Many are so inefficient that in my opinion can't possibly help.

Second. I have seen very mixed reports on the Volo chip. More bad than good.

Larry
    Larry is on point with your system not producing enough to feed your size engine, at the minimum you should be inducing 1.5lpm. I've tested the volo on several vehicles, did not see any gain. I recommend you start with an EFIE, from the wire description you probably have narrow band but make sure by contacting Mike or Bruce at Fuel Saver. If you go with their EFIE start with the 200 mv for the rear sensors as suggested, for front start with 385 mv. I have a feeling your car is one of many already running lean from the factory. If you start at the 350mv as suggested in their site you will get a PO133 code, which is "slow to response" on the front sensor. It really means from my discovery with Honda's, Toyota and Infiniti's they've been leaned out too much with the initial setting of 350mv. good luck and get back with us on your progress.