Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the best plate configuration for me?

I've got everything cleaned and am about to put it together. But I'm not sure about the rubber gaskets. Should I clean those as well?? And how would I do that?

Yes Clean them with alcohol or acetone and rinse them with distilled water.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I'll post here what I post somewhere else regarding a question I had. I might have thought of a solution, but here is the problem:
    I just bought a couple bubblers and an air dryer (I have my doubts as to whether it will do anything, but we'll see). I'm near finished with my setup so I'll post pictures when finished.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the 'physics' of it...
    The thing is, there has to be some sort of 'intake' valve on the bottom of the cell to let in more water, but unless I have that hooked up to my first bubbler, there's a good chance of un-even water levels between the reserve and bubbler. And, when I eventually attach a torch, I'll HAVE to close air intake to the reserve because of pressure build up which pushes the gas out of the torch at high speeds. If you have any suggestion, or better yet, a visual of pictures or even other peoples setups, it would help me out greatly.

That's what I posted elsewhere, but I might have figured it out.
    I bought 2 of these: http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Hydroge...2514032&sr=1-4
    I'm thinking about buying this as well: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
    Here's what I've come up with. I'll start with the reservoir that I'm thinking about buying. I'll attach a hose to the bottom right nozzle of the reservoir which leads to the bottom portion of the cell to supply the water. Next, the water turns to HHO bubbles and travels out of a nozzle on the upper portion of the cell. The hose then leads upward to one of the clear bubblers. The gas is then filtered, hopefully cleaning up a bit of residue that comes along. The gas then leaves the clear bubbler and travels up into the center, bottom nozzle of the reservoir that I started with. It bubbles up and out of the top nozzle through a hose etc.. With this setup, I THINK there is even pressure distribution between all the components. If necessary, I can then run the gas through a second clear bubbler, and then the gas dryer I bought to try out (or the other way around, since that might be safer in case of a flashback).
    This was a bit long, sorry. If you take time to read it, let me know what you think.
    If you don't understand, let me know and I'll try to clear things up.
    Thanks!

One more thing. I'm trying to attach my nozzles onto my plastic plate housing. The hole I drilled is a bit too large, so I'm thinking of using some sort of glue. I first tried silicone, but that seems too rubbery and not strong enough. What would you suggest I use? I've got superglue, acrylic, the silicone, liquid electrical tape and I can get other stuff. I'm just afraid that the KOH will cause certain glues to deteriorate and mess up the system. Let me know what has seemed to work for you.

Try gorilla glue

http://www.gorillaglue.com/

Smile

Just got the gorilla glue on there the other day. It's really odd how it drys! All full of bubbles, and it really expands. I put some of the rubbery silicone around the gorilla glue, so hopefully that will make it a strong, waterproof hold. I'm about to get my reservoir in the mail soon, so hopefully I'll have it all setup and running by Wednesday!! I'm excited for that. I have yet to break open the computer PSU and try that as the power source. I've got the CORSAIR TX750 V2 750W ATX12V found here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139021
    If any of you know if this will function as a working power supply for a HHO system, let me know.
    I also am thinking I should pick up an ammeter, to see what I'll actually actually be using in terms of power.
    Last, but definately not least, I'm still in the search for a good HHO torch. I saw one online that seemed to have very positive reviews, but the people who sold them don't seem to be in business any more, and don't answer email. So again, if anyone has had a good HHO torch they can recommend, that DOESN'T backfire (of course ) then let me know.
    Much appreciated!

Good News!! I got it up and working! Seemed to making a good amount of HHO. Ran it at just under 15 Amps.
    Bad News!! It seems that my metal barbs were touching the metal plates, and the glue holding them on melted off (also I'm sure it slightly contaminated the water since the bronze/brass (whatever it's made out of) was probably producing HHO as well).
    Thankfully, the barb didn't just fall of and the water flow out freely. I spotted some dripping, and got the water out and in a safe place in time.
    Well, I guess I'll have to re-attach my barbs a little more carefully, and maybe put some silicone on the very ends to keep a contact from occurring.
    Any suggestions?
    I'll hopefully get to post some pics when my setup is closer to completion, if anyone is interested.