Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HHO for Land Rover

HHO for Land Rover

I like to know if any Land Rovers been fixed with HHO generators.
    regards
    Dimuthu

Yes, of course, somewhere... The vehicle doesn't matter so much as its configuration. You said you have an indirect injected non-electronic diesel engine, right? It will work fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hi

HI
    yes i have 2.5L LR 110; fixed with HHO dry cell. I made it with 5"x5" size, 316L plates, with 2.75-3.mm gap. it takes around 18 Amps without PWM, I use KOH with distrilled water. PH level of the liquid is 10. cell voltage reads 2.2V and 2.3V (measured when the water temp is around 50C)
    but the HHO production is 1 l/m. how can get 2.5 l/min?

This dry cell has two outputs 1/4" and one 1/4" input line. one output line is very slow, other output line gives high rate of gas output. that line is in the same side of the input line

thank for your kind addivice in addvance.

Hello Dimuthu,
    I need a bit more information, you say 5x5 plates- does that mean 5x5 overall size with a 4x4 working area, or are they 5x5 working area with a 6x6 overall size? Also, how many plates total, and how do you have the power plates and neutral plates configured? [+nnnnn-nnnnn+] or [+nnnnn-] ?
    Trying to measure the pH of KOH in solution becomes inaccurate very quickly at anything over the very lowest readings (I only found this out a few weeks ago). A much easier way of getting the proper KOH solution is to measure out 280 grams (10oz.) of dry KOH and mix with 720 (cc/milliliters) / 1-1/2 pints / 4 cups of distilled water. If the strength of your electrolyte is less than this then you still have some room for increasing the conductivity of the solution, if it is a bit stronger than this it's OK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi

Dear Sir,
    Thank for the reply.

The plates overall size is 5"x5", active area is 4"x4". (1/2" rubber gasket)
    I have used 11 plates configured as -NNNN+NNNN-
    I did use 200grams of KOH with 800grams distrilled water.

its creating form when the water temperature goes up.

The HHO output gas is some thing like fog, its smells KOH, is that ok?

present i have one input and two outputs, if I make an other input that will increase the rate?

Thank you
    regards
    Dimuthu

[/I][/I][/I]I need a bit more information, you say 5x5 plates- does that mean 5x5 overall size with a 4x4 working area, or are they 5x5 working area with a 6x6 overall size? Also, how many plates total, and how do you have the power plates and neutral plates configured? [+nnnnn-nnnnn+] or [+nnnnn-] ?
    Trying to measure the pH of KOH in solution becomes inaccurate very quickly at anything over the very lowest readings (I only found this out a few weeks ago). A much easier way of getting the proper KOH solution is to measure out 280 grams (10oz.) of dry KOH and mix with 720 (cc/milliliters) / 1-1/2 pints / 4 cups of distilled water. If the strength of your electrolyte is less than this then you still have some room for increasing the conductivity of the solution, if it is a bit stronger than this it's OK.

Another water input on each side will not hurt, but it may not help.. Use two more neutral plates in each stack- [-nnnnnn+nnnnnn-] and it should take care of your fog (steam). Use a tall (24") bubbler to clean up your gas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KOH vapour

The dry cell output the fog like thing does it got KOH vapour?
    without filtering does it if directed to the engine will it be harm full to the
    metel/aluminim parts of the engine?

As you said i have increased the KOH upto about 25%, the HHO out put become 1.5 litre/min
    i have to add 2 more plates -nnnnn+nnnnn-

Quote Originally Posted by Dimuthu_4S7DZ View Post
    The dry cell output the fog like thing does it got KOH vapour?
    without filtering does it if directed to the engine will it be harm full to the
    metel/aluminim parts of the engine?

As you said i have increased the KOH upto about 25%, the HHO out put become 1.5 litre/min
    i have to add 2 more plates -nnnnn+nnnnn-
    Yes it does have KOH vapor, that is why I encouraged you to make a bubbler, to "scrub" the bubbles (break them over and over). There are many ways to do this, so research "bubbler" and look at all the different ways to break up and reduce the size of the bubbles going through it. Yes KOH will harm aluminum. -You must add 4 more plates- 2 more to each set of neutral plates, not just one more. You want to have 6 neutral plates between each + and - plate. I am happy that you have already raised your output by 1/2 lpm- keep going!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thanks

Hi Mentor,
    Thank you for the information.
    for a 24" tall bubler need higher pressure to buble out the gas?

Last sunday i add 2 plates. the fog got reduced like into half of the previous rate.
    My new configuration is 13 plates (4"x4" active area) -NNNNN+NNNNN-
    For the LR 2.5L non turbo diesel engine i have observedsignificant improvement in picup. The engine beat is smoother, (i still not been able to do a long distance test run with HHO)
    However the Land Rover alternator is not sufficient to
    provide enough load. Therefore battery voltage get dropped.

What will be the recommended HHO rate and HHO configuration for 2.5 L diesel engine?

Dimuthu,
    Yes, this was a thing in the back of my mind- many times diesel vehicle's do not have large alternators because the engine does not require electricity to run, so the manufacturer puts only the smallest alternator in the vehicle that will perform the basic job. Before you look for a new alternator, clean all of your electrical connections VERY well, and use the largest wires that you can make fit, to connect your reactor to the electrical system. Replace the small wire that leads from your alternator to the positive of your battery with a thicker wire. I do not know where you are, or what resources you have available to you, so I will just tell you how to make a conductive paste to put on all the electrical connections as you re-assemble them. Use 1/2 teaspoon of white lithium grease (if unavailable then petroleum jelly) and the graphite of one pencil "lead" powdered by sand-paper. Stir together to a consistent black paste and use a small amount between all electrical connections.

A 2.5L diesel needs 2.5LpM of gas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]