Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '96 Crown Vic or '05 Nissan Frontier..Which to use as test vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    i have done a Maxima before with a VAFC1 installed
    REEEAAALLLLYYYY?????

I' getting close to a vehicle install - what year was it? Mine's an '04 SE. You may be getting some PM's. Right now I'm going through the service manuals for wiring diagrams and such. I have EFIE's but was looking at eventually stepping it up to a Fuel/Ignition Controller.

Were gains better with the AFCs than with the EFIE?

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    low throttle 0% to 30%, high 30% to 40% to get it to fade quickly from low to high, that way if you have to accelerate quickly the settings will change quick.

low setting is as follows 0RPM to 1000RPM or idle is set at low TP -30%, 1100RPM to 2000RPM -20% because that is where fuel is mostly needed for taking off ect. 2000RPM to 3000RPM back to -30%, 3000RPM to 4000RPM -35%, everything higher is set at fuel cut -50%

high settings is set at 1000RPM to 3000RPM -15, everything thing higher is set at -20%.

later when i get back to the states i will tune with a MAP controlled PWM for optimal efficiency.

Richard,

Thank you for these critical data, this should give a starting point for my new project. How about starting a new post to focus on "Fuel Injector controller" and maybe become a "sticky" for everyone to upload and share their experience with this process. I am convinced this is the way to go now that everyone in here has come to build an efficient cell for the output requirement on their testbed vehicles.

Keep us informed and I will do the same.