Thread: What gas comes from nutrels

What gas comes from nutrels

On a cell.
    Oxegen comes from neg side
    Hydregen comes fro pos side
    What comes from the neutral plates.
    Thanks

No offence intended, but if you have to ask questions like this I seriously wonder, from a health and safety viewpoint, if it's really in your best interests to be playing with this stuff.

However, the confusion no doubt lies in the ridiculous, but unfortunately commonly used term, 'neutral plates'. This is a real misnomer as they are NOT neutral in anyway. A better term is 'floating plates'.

One side of these plates the H+ ion is taking on an electron to become hydrogen, the other side of the plate the OH- ion is giving up an electron whereby oxygen is evolved, so it is just like having a cathode and anode stuck together, back to back. You get oxygen and hydrogen.
    Farrah

It's what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts!

Cool

No worries
    I am Totaly new to this
    Like 2 weeks research i was just trying to learn
    Got to start somwere I thought
    Any way
    I'll try another project
    Maybe making ice cubes
    Lol
    Thanks
    Chaw for now

Quote Originally Posted by Benjoeau02 View Post
    No worries
    I'll try another project
    Maybe making ice cubes
    Lol
    Thanks
    Chaw for now
    Probably a good idea, because you even got this wrong. lol:
    Oxegen comes from neg side
    Hydregen comes fro pos side
    But joking aside, research 'electrolysis' and at least bring yourself up to speed. You can't really expect folk on these forums to waste their time teaching newbies the very basics when all the information is readliy available on the internet.
    Farrah

It's what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts!

I must agree with Farraday, before a basic question is asked in here by any newbie I recommend you use the 'Search" function in the site. Also, if you are new to HHO, I recommend you write all your question and search for the answer in here or other site. I promised you 99.9% of all basic questions in regards this process, they've been answered by a "Mentor" or a "Newbie". When you finally gathered enough data to buil a system and you have it running and ran into some problems. Then come back in here to ask questions.

I bet the same problems you are experiencing, many have experienced the same hence they probably have an answer for the problem.

So, don't log on in here and expect US to lay down a RED carpet and give you all the answers without you putting your time in to a basic search as to which electrode produced which gas. If you managed to find this site I bet you have what it takes to search which plate produce what gas before you even jumped in here.

For basic info, RED is used for the POS and BLACK is used for the NEG.

Before you ask this question. N= is a Bipolar plate. What is that you asked. Here's where you can start your search and defind what "Bipolar" in a cell is.