Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: building a car that runs off HHO

building a car that runs off HHO

Ok so i am building a car that runs off only hho for my class this year, i have been building cells for the last 2 years mostly just wet cells to get the hang of it, but now i am building dry cells which work MUCH better, i recently purchased a unit that is a hybrid between wet/dry its polycarbonite box with slots cut into it to slide the plates in it is +NNNNN-I-NNNNN+ this unit is 4inch/7inch/5inch and produces 2.5-3lpm right now (tested) but after conditioning it is supose to be at 6lpm, im not going to use wet cells but between dry cell and this hybrid cell im not sure which to make i plan on using a 200 plate cell design but not sure which series is best +-+-+- so need input on that also, im using 14gage ss but not sure if i want 316 or 430, this is going to be a massive unit powered by 4 batteries hooked in a series so power is not going to be a issue. Engine is going to be a 6pack 3.0-3.6 unit will need to produce between 15-20 lpm to run it am wanting finished unit to make 30-40lpm or higher, also a way to store about an extra 10gal of it in an air bubble or something to be used to start engine when it has been off or will the battery power be enough to turn unit on to produce and start car, will have 2 alternators solar panel on roof. need input so let me know if you have done something i dont want to wast a lot of money on mistakes thanks.

OK, as long as you accept that it will only be able to run for a short duration at any given period of time, I will not be one of the people that will tell that it is strictly impossible. First of all, you need to come WAY down on engine size- I'd say about 750cc to 1200cc is going to be max, and you'll need to be able to manipulate the spark timing on it. You WILL need solar panels to make supplemental H2 and O2 to store as your primary fuel and oxidizer because there is no way on God's green earth that you can make enough on the fly to run the engine continuously with. You will need every watt of electricity that can be produced in any way- this means regenerative braking, solar built in to upward facing surfaces to supplement on the fly also, exhaust waste heat capture for steam production to run a modified weed wacker engine to spin a little alternator, and anything else you can come up with... You will need two little diaphragm compressors, one for O2, one for H2 that can have their motors swapped out for little DC motors, two LP tanks for gas storage, DEEP CYCLE (6 volt golf cart) batteries. Lots of things, too much to list right now. It can be done, not very efficiently or effectively, or with much range, but it can be done. Let's hear your ideas and musings on it.. You do know that you're going to need two different types of reactors, right? A common duct reactor for making HHO on the fly, and a separator reactor to make gasses for storage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

why does the engine have to be so small iv done calculations on gas drops to hho, 1 US gallons = 75708 metric drops one liter of hho is the equilvolint of 4.5 drops if the car engine gets minimum of 20mpg for gas then you would need 14.02 lpm of hho to power the car but lets say your car gets 10mpg that means you should need 28.04lpm but even with this that is still possible if the cell you make is producing 30-40lpm so why do you have to have all those other things you say and a smaller engine?

also i have seen in person a person run there car on hho only they started it up turned off the gas turned on the hho and the car continued to run for the next 20min till he shut it off his cell was only making 10lpm which was making his car rev pretty high which means that the engine was getting more fuel than needed at idle and he just had 2 batteries powering his unit, its not a perpetual motion device because you are taking in power from engine battery your using that energy to make hho which will continue to power your engine but you are not getting something from nothing you are adding water electrolizer and current to make hho which powers car so why do you say it is not possible?

Car he had was Geo Metro inline 4 i believe 1.5 liter

You need those other items to supplement the cost of production. Unless you somehow come up with a design that allows for significant over-unity, you're going to need another way to help generate the power it costs to generate the hho to run the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrella-korp.com View Post
    why does the engine have to be so small iv done calculations on gas drops to hho, 1 US gallons = 75708 metric drops one liter of hho is the equilvolint of 4.5 drops if the car engine gets minimum of 20mpg for gas then you would need 14.02 lpm of hho to power the car but lets say your car gets 10mpg that means you should need 28.04lpm but even with this that is still possible if the cell you make is producing 30-40lpm so why do you have to have all those other things you say and a smaller engine?

also i have seen in person a person run there car on hho only they started it up turned off the gas turned on the hho and the car continued to run for the next 20min till he shut it off his cell was only making 10lpm which was making his car rev pretty high which means that the engine was getting more fuel than needed at idle and he just had 2 batteries powering his unit, its not a perpetual motion device because you are taking in power from engine battery your using that energy to make hho which will continue to power your engine but you are not getting something from nothing you are adding water electrolizer and current to make hho which powers car so why do you say it is not possible?

Car he had was Geo Metro inline 4 i believe 1.5 liter
    If you don't mind, I'd like the link to that please. OK, anyway, there is a high probability that was faked. I'm not the greatest at math, but I'll try to struggle through this... We'll suppose a 1.5L engine, idling at what? 600RPM about right? OK then, it's a 4 stroke engine so intake and compression make one revolution, power & exhaust make the second revolution to complete a full cycle. Since the intake stroke is what we'll be measuring here, and we know that it's 1/4th of a cycle (150 intake strokes in one minute) times 1.5L (the engines displacement) that makes 225 liters per minute of HHO necessary just to idle @ 600RPM. But maybe it doesn't actually see that much H2 because HHO is 1/3 O2, so now we realize that we actually only need 150lpm of H2 to idle this engine.. Or do we? I seem to remember reading that H2 can explode in concentrations as low as 4%.. But how powerful would a 4% explosion be? Powerful enough to drive a piston down? Lots more questions than answers... Like I said before, I wont tell you it can't be done, but I can tell you that the better part of that engines output will go towards making HHO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

By bring up Fast Freddy's BS into this discussion just makes no sense. There is no proof whatsoever that anything he has done or even promised to do is anything more than bovine fecal mater. Until a qualified third party who is not associated in anyway with Fast Freddy can verify any of his stuff, I would leave that one out. I suggest you help out and anti up the $5500 or what ever Fast Freedy is asking and then wait and see if you get anything or even if you do, if it works when you get it. Maybe you could report back on it.

The bottom line is unless you can tap some other energy source other than the vehicles engine and battery to supplement the necessary energy required to split the water you are just wasting your time.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Hey Carter,
    The link wasn't there when I posted, so I didn't know it was fast freddy, the fearless fleecer of feckless fools, fiendishly fleecing the financially flush....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

what is the best series to use +nnnnn-? also best working conditions on a single plate is .5 amp 2volts there will be 40 power plates 20 + 20 - so using that how many amps should i expect to be using? will probable be split the unit in to 2 or 4 cells combined together would make it easier to assimble and disassimble, otherwise im looking at a 15 by15 by 30 cell

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrella-korp.com View Post
    what is the best series to use +nnnnn-? also best working conditions on a single plate is .5 amp 2volts there will be 40 power plates 20 + 20 - so using that how many amps should i expect to be using? will probable be split the unit in to 2 or 4 cells combined together would make it easier to assimble and disassimble, otherwise im looking at a 15 by15 by 30 cell
    You should do some serious searching. Use what you find as a guide, then once you've decided the parameters of your cell ask specific questions.

To lay it out quickly though (as I have done the same and not found everything or found contradicting information through searches):

The best configuration depends on what you're using for source voltage. Many people use -NNNNN+ or -NNNNNN+, some people use 'brute force' which would be something like -+-+-+-. General rule is .5A PER SQR INCH of active plate area. You'll have to do the math to determine how many amps you can put through the cell without overheating - figure the plate dimensions minus the gasket area, minus the input/output ports and weldon (or other current prohibiting material) area. Voltage per plate is generally accepted as between 1.5v to 2.0v. The higher the voltage the more heat will be generated.

Lots of research. Lots of info to be had as well. But to get helpful and specific answers to your questions, you'll have to be specific with the details in question.