Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using an HHO generator separating H & O

I also want to try separating the gasses at the cell. My thought is to insert an inert divider (not a plate) at some point in the middle of the neutral plates and surrounding the electrodes. You can then collect the gasses at any point between the dividers and merge them into an isolated flow. My question is how will an inert divider (with a small hole to allow electrolyte to flow) impact the system. I don’t know if it will have any effect, or it might just kill the system all together? I don’t have a pretty drawing at this time but basically a layout something like this:
    +NNNXNNN-X-NNXN+X+NNNXNNN-
    Has anyone tried this?

Some ppl are using nylon ripstop. Just keep the temps below 170.

Membrane

I have been thinking about this a bit to much. This is me thinking out loud with a few questions at the bottom... Are the neutral plates acting as both positive and negative? Simple example, If I have a single neutral plate configuration: + N - Then if I consider the gaps to be independant cells, my neutral plate really turns into something like this (-+). So, if I sketch this out it looks more like: + (-+) -. That means half of my neutral plate is a cathode and half is an annode? So, each side of the neutral plate is producing different gasses? Now, even if I isolate that plate with a membrane like: + M (-+) M - . While the two charged plates are separated and producing 'purer' oxygen and hydrogen, the Neutral plates are still producing both gasses on either side. So, if we then try to collect the gas on the neutral plate it is still HHO. AHHHH... If the plates do not allow exchange of gas from one side to another. A solid plate with holes near the bottom for electolyte transfer only then the membrane would work (right now all of my plates have holes at the top for gas flow between them). However you will need a gas release for every single cell (ouch)... Now my question is what material to use for the membrane. If we used plexiglass with a hole at the bottom (just like an inert plate) would that work? I think it might kill the electrolisys process but maybe it would have no impact? I think that is why folks are saying use a fabric material?

Quote Originally Posted by slim79 View Post
    Anyone using an HHO generator that separates the H & O? What have been your results? Have you been able to avoid using an EFIE.
    Hi
    my first post The site below says they seperate the gasses, so I assume you dont need an EFIE
    http://www.hho-research.com.au/
    mike