Thread: 2003 silverado

2003 silverado

So I'm thinking about putting an HHO system in my truck, its a 5.3L V8. From what I've read, the o2 sensors or ECU need to be "fooled" into thinking the normal amount of oxygen is in the exhaust so as not to add more gas to the air/fuel mixture. What would the proper way of doing this be; an EFIE or ECU flash drive?

Quote Originally Posted by steve169 View Post
    So I'm thinking about putting an HHO system in my truck, its a 5.3L V8. From what I've read, the o2 sensors or ECU need to be "fooled" into thinking the normal amount of oxygen is in the exhaust so as not to add more gas to the air/fuel mixture. What would the proper way of doing this be; an EFIE or ECU flash drive?

The easiest way is use an EFIE, as far as the ECU flash drive. I am lost, are you talking re-programming the ECU? If so, then you need a great deal of parameters on the sensors: O2, AFR, AIT MAF/MAP and TPS. All of those will come to play so the ECU does not schedule additional fuel when the O2 picks up on the lean condition of the exhaust. The Chevy I've installed a system on re-acted great with just the EFIE.

You will need an efficient cell to produce at the min 2.5 LPM 3 LPM would be better.

"as far as the ECU flash drive. I am lost"

Here is a link to the flash drive: http://www.h2-hydro-gen.com/hydrogen...r%20store.html, you will need to scroll down a bit, it is the hydrogen tuning flash drive. What is the best way to measure HHO output? I have read that an argon guage is the closest but am not sure. Sorry if these questions sound stupid, but the first I've heard of this and am trying to find a way to save money at the pump.

I've tested that Volo chip, I did not see any gain from using it. Also, I would be careful buying items from a site who still promotes the "Wet Cell" models.

So to be able to produce the recommended 2.5-3lpm, how big of a reservoir and cell should I have?

So to be able to produce the recommended 2.5-3lpm, how big of a reservoir and cell should I have?
    It all depends on the room availability in your truck, as I mentioned the chevy truck I worked on did not have much room. so I installed four small cell
    3" X 5.5" plates, all I did was cut my standard plates in half, which
    3" X 11". combined they were producing a little over 2 LPM which is good enough to see 25% gain.

A lot of members run with 6" x 6" because there is a company out there that makes gasket for this size plates and cheap. I elected with the 3" X 11" for slim and compact cell even at two stack. Remember each vehicle reacts diffently.

As far, as the reservoir I recommended at the min a 1.5 gl. this is from my experienced keeping the system cool. the idea behind it is, it takes longer to heat a larger volue of water while the system is activated. Plus installing it in an airflow will help also.

You should take photos of the area you feel you have room for a cell and a reservoir. Also, in order to achieved the 1.5 capacity I had to fabricated a remote system, a large reservoir close to the cell and a filler under the hood.

Is the full surface area of the plate 3x5.5 or the exposed part of the plate 3x5.5? Where would be a good place to get a reservoir? Being as I am in Montana and we freeze in the winter, would there be any additive I can add to keep the water from freezing, or just not use it in the winter?

Being as I am in Montana and we freeze in the winter, would there be any additive I can add to keep the water from freezing, or just not use it in the winter?
    Read around on other threads and found the answer. Now just need the answer to the plate size where to get a reservoir.