Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: BioBeast Progress...

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    Gus,
    most of those high end, high output alt are producing 40-50A during idle, which is plenty to power up a two stack unit at 2LPM. The bus is reacting well with a two stack system. runs smooth and get 15mpg on D2, I am going to run it close to empty so I can start with WMO run it on that at 20% with Karosene vice RUG.
    Hey Chief,
    Just a word to the wise on the kerosene, it burns a little hotter than #2 diesel.. Just now @ 8pm I see that you are in the low-mid 40's, that's good weather for a 50/50 mix and will be OK up to about 60°F. From 60°F to 70° I personally would not go hotter than 35% kerosene. Above 70°F, 25% kerosene is enough to thin most automobile oils (5w-30's - 15w-40's). If you are ever fortunate enough to develop a good relationship with a mom & pop transmission shop and can get WATF, then 10% kerosene added to that is a perfect fuel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Hey Chief,
    Just a word to the wise on the kerosene, it burns a little hotter than #2 diesel.. Just now @ 8pm I see that you are in the low-mid 40's, that's good weather for a 50/50 mix and will be OK up to about 60°F. From 60°F to 70° I personally would not go hotter than 35% kerosene. Above 70°F, 25% kerosene is enough to thin most automobile oils (5w-30's - 15w-40's). If you are ever fortunate enough to develop a good relationship with a mom & pop transmission shop and can get WATF, then 10% kerosene added to that is a perfect fuel.

I've got 125 gallons of waste oil. Any takers near me? Bring your own pick-up tank!
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    I've got 125 gallons of waste oil. Any takers near me? Bring your own pick-up tank!
    Your Location says you live in the USA... HEY Wait! I LIVE in the USA- I'll be right over!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just outside Atlanta, to the west.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

info

Gus,

What's up with the BioBeast?

It's finished and mounted on its board, just too many other projects going on. If it doesn't rain all weekend I'm gonna try to get it mounted in the truck at least- even if I don't get it all hooked up up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

where u at

hey gus... its been a crazy summer for me... how goes the beast?

Quote Originally Posted by danser75 View Post
    hey gus... its been a crazy summer for me... how goes the beast?
    I'm here, just been doing everything in the world except messin' with HHO... Lots of drama going on in the extended family circle and trying to prepare for martial law come January... The beast is fine, just sitting there in the shop waiting for me to get all of the crap out of the back of my truck so it can be mounted.
    Oh hey- I had an idea for you guys to kick around.. I was thinking that the easiest way to vary output of an alternator (on a truck anyway) would be to make a small diameter Otherpower.com style axial flux PMA with twin magnet rotors that would mount directly onto the drive shaft. Before anyone points out the obvious, YES- I know it would have to be balanced as a unit WITH the shaft. I just had some drive shaft work done the other day at a local drive line service place and got to talking with the foreman about HHO and this idea, even did a sketch of what I was talking about for him. He said that he didn't see why there would be any problem getting it to balance if I could get the magnets spaced right on the rotors... I told him that I felt pretty comfortable about doing that, even if it took me a couple of days. It would have to have a split stator that mounted on a bracket attached to the underside of the floor, and the bracket would have to be "tweakable" for rotor clearance and centering..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]