Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: BioBeast Progress...

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    I doubt the configuration has a name- but there are only two ways it can be done (that I know of/can figure out) so I'll just have to show you...
    Why you using 5 plates and not lets say 7 or 9?
    Have you been in Sarasota last November?

Quote Originally Posted by iger13 View Post
    Why you using 5 plates and not lets say 7 or 9?
    Have you been in Sarasota last November?
    The more plates, the more plate area, the more plate area the more amps necessary to drive it, the more amps needed the greater the drag on the alternator. As it is now I'm having to replace my 100A alternator with a 150A alt.
    -No, I haven't been to the HHO games for a couple of years now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HHO games ?

I sent an email a month ago to someone that's supposed to oversee the games, to find out when and where they would be, and have had NO response. Any info on that ?
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post

I used to think it could work that way also- but it can't/doesn't... Think about it from the molecular standpoint, H2O - when you split it, you can get nothing else but H2 and O(1) Any other ratio is impossible

BIOFARMER93;
    The NEGATIVE plate creates the H2 and the POSITIVE creates the O. I played with this a little in a 30 gallon drum, and various electrodes. One I found really cool was a 12 inch threaded rod(stainless), and a 2 inch(diameter) stainless tube 10 inches long, i dumped an entire box of baking soda in it as well. The rod was pos, and the tube was neg. off my car running a few feet away. The tube was putting out a lot of H2 and the rod was putting out a good bit of O, but how do you determine that the production is equivalent to 2 to 1, being as there was a much greater amount of negative surface?
    I drained and rinsed the drum, then filled it with tap from the hose, to test my 36 inch long assembly 2 inch outside, 1 5/8 inside tube. Outside being negative and inside pos. Off the car then a 12 volt charger(which actually charges at 9 volts @ 2, 10 or 50 amp). The car had some production, but the charger had better! Thing is 2 amps got an amazing amount of production but only after having the charger on 50 amp for a few seconds. Leaving it on 2 amps kept up the great production for a really long time. I tried this several times. Same results.

Edit, the second half i had no electrolyte
    Hail HHO.

Madsceintist this is very interesting but not surprising. Not able to explain it but maybe the 50 amps had charged the water somehow or create a greater conc. of ions between the plates.

Just thoughts

Iger13 How many volts are you running. If it is over 8-9 you may want to consider another plate or two per cell. But you need to know that adding plates wont get you more amps as much as it will just bring down your voltage per plate gap and make your unit run cooler and more efficient. The optimal voltage is from 1.5-2.3 volts per gap, depending on who you talk to. So for the sake of argument I would suggest shoot for around 2 volts. But how much plate gap do you have in there because at a typical 1/8 inch or 3mm gap you should be pulling about .5 amps per sq. inch. But looks like your gaskets are thicker than that and you are only using about 3/4 of your plates. you may want to look into another form of gasket if you are going to add the plates it would be the perfect time to make a switch like that. I have fount that my local interdependent hardware store carries 1/8 inch rubber gasket material. It comes 36 inches wide and any length you want/ need. Its 7.99 a foot. Also it cuts nice with a normal utility knife and steel ruler. Or there are numerous other places to order the gasket material from. The most common seems to be Neoprene. I do have to say it looks like a well built setup. Its also ascetically pleasing. This is nothing more than a few thoughts to help guide you in the process of making your cool unit better.

Sounds good Gus hope to see some gas soon. "D"

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    I sent an email a month ago to someone that's supposed to oversee the games, to find out when and where they would be, and have had NO response. Any info on that ?
    E-MAIL ISSUES WITH US?

10:22PM ET, Oct. 17, 2011 -- We believe there's been a problem in receiving our e-mail as we get messages from multiple folks saying they sent stuff we've never received. To help, I've re-posted our e-mail address (joe@hhogames.com) above, and if you have not gotten a response to any email you sent to me, please let me know ASAP. We do respond to all our e-mail, and it bugs us that we may have missed some.

-OR-

Call Joe at (941)462-2616
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by iger13 View Post
    This is what i build last summer. It's a 6 group 5 plate unipolar,plates are 8x3,was thinking to add 2 plates to get more amps and gas (with 28%KOH I'm getting 27A).Will appreciate your opinion.
    Iger13,
    That is a good looking system with an interesting layout- would you mind posting a few more photos of it, from several different angles & perhaps at a slightly larger size? We love photos-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

I'll give him a call soon, that's the same email I sent to before. Just checked out-mail, that was it. (Jan. 13,2012)
    Thanks much BIO.

My bad that date was supposed to be 2011 ..........
    Hail HHO.