Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: BioBeast Progress...

One trip to West Coast Customs and you are there dude

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    One trip to West Coast Customs and you are there dude
    LOL! Yeah, but I would have to re-fi the house to be able to be "The Dude".. Oh well, it's bondo and a rattle can for me until I hit lotto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bio; I couldn't get this to load in the PM. So here it is.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Carter,
    I'm doing an active passivation with citric acid
    Gus, why you doing passivation when unit is assembled and not to plates?
    Hope you enjoying driving with new Beast and will share info about the unit soon

Quote Originally Posted by iger13 View Post
    Gus, why you doing passivation when unit is assembled and not to plates?
    Hope you enjoying driving with new Beast and will share info about the unit soon
    Igor,
    I realized that I could control the environment inside the reactor more easily than outside, especially when the time comes to dry the plates with pure oxygen and let them sit for 24hrs in a pure oxygen atmosphere.

It is still in the shop- I have a lot of projects going on and several of them must take higher priority than the beast.. I'm trying to get my house and my mother's house ready to sell, also preparing new house drawings for approval by the building dept. in the county where we have property... My life is crazy
    Working on the Beast is therapy for me, but I promise that there will be much info shared when the installation is finished!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gus,

What's happening with the Beast?

Quote Originally Posted by dixiepc View Post
    Gus,

What's happening with the Beast?
    It's taking a short nap while its owner educates his self on making a GM 150A alternator work with a Ford wiring harness- or if that's even possible. Learning about remote sense wire location advantages, the fact that this is a highly modified GM frame alternator that does NOT frame ground- actually has a separate negative terminal. Trying to determine if it will work with the ancient style Ford remote voltage regulator. I think it will, but I also think that I'm going to have to go up on wire size between alt & shunt, and shunt & pos terminal...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Been busy and not able to type much, but if that alternator has an internal regulator then you can NOT make it work with an external regulator on an older Ford !!!! You can bypass the Ford regulator and that will work just fine. Google a Ford regulator diagram to see the wires not used for the conversion. Do you have a picture of the rear of that alternator?
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Mad-
    It's a Zena welding conversion continuous duty rated non-internaly regulated alt that uses a standard -12 GM case. The case is where any similarity to a GM alt ends. Zena drills an extra hole in the back for a neg. terminal because these things are mounted along with rather than in lieu of the vehicles regular alternator. I've been trying to figure out how the sense input works in a normal system. If it causes the regulator to increase the field strength based on lack of or level of voltage measured at the sensing site then it seems like I should be able to use a potentiometer in that line to decrease its value so as to raise the alts output. Am I seeing this correctly? I figure you'd probably be the man to ask about this aspect of the installation. From THE STANDPOINT OF ACTUAL FIT ON THE BRACKET (woops) it doesn't look like it will be a problem, and just a matter of swapping the serp belt pulley for the double V on the Ford alt. I may have to space the alt or the pulley or both a lttle to get proper alignment but don't anticipate too much trouble there. I'll try to remember to snap a pic of the alt when I get home this evening. Any thoughts on the matter you have, I would be happy to hear... Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gus, I do not know if yours is like this but this site has everything I ever needed. You need to own the bank though to afford some of the high amp alternators.

http://high-amp.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=173
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .