Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BioBeast Progress...

BioBeast Progress...

For those of you who thought I was just kidding... I really have been a busy boy.. Two end plates to drill and that's it. Cleaning, passivization and assembly are all that remain, other than swapping out the 100A alternator for the 150A one. I've got a mounting board that already has the screws in the proper locations to be re-installed on the front wall of the truck bed, so the entire system will be assembled on the board and then mounted in the truck as a unit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gee Bio you really know how to put us to shame. LOL Good looking and I am sure it will work just as well too. Can hardly wait for the final results.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Just a little update.. The plates are cleaned the gaskets are made and washed, the last of the hardware is purchased and the assembly is underway. Plates need to be passivated this evening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bio, you are farther ahead than I am. I am still working on the math. 1+1 is still adding up to 11. Any suggestions?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Bio, you are farther ahead than I am. I am still working on the math. 1+1 is still adding up to 11. Any suggestions?
    Jeez Carter,
    I don't know- I get the same answer.. Oh wait! I know, ask Lee, he knows everything!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

looks great bio... any chance of a pic with a matchbox or hand in it for scale?

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    looks great bio... any chance of a pic with a matchbox or hand in it for scale?
    ...Or maybe the ubiquitous plastic gallon jug?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very cool Bio! Can't wait to see some results.

Darrell

Gus I am glad you didn't use a pail or a bucket because just the words make me sick and laugh at the same time. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    Very cool Bio! Can't wait to see some results.

Darrell
    Yeah, me too. There is going to be no bench testing per se. I do plan to make a series of videos for you guys and the non-believers on the diesel forum I belong to though. The idea is to show absolutely as much as possible about what is happening and the way it's hooked up etc., along with lpm measurements (for you guys) obtained with normal alternator output. Then, and this will be the hard part- I'm going to find a translucent container somewhere that is either already calibrated or I'll measure and calibrate, that I can use to hold diesel fuel. Then I'm going to route a temporary fuel line from it and a temporary return line to it. I think I'll throw together a cradle or support of some kind in the truck bed for the container. Then I'm going to have two electrical engineers and a mechanical engineer check everything over and and attest to the fact that all is on the level and is as I swear that it is. Then we're all going for a ride with a video camera and extra batteries. The guys over on the diesel forum are merciless and absolutely adamant that no gains are possible since the engine has to drive the alternator and that eats up any possible gains yada yada etc. etc... We've all heard it before. I very much look forward to serving them a heaping helping of crow..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]